Peeing in the woods

MPHunter

So I see comments on here about peeing off tree stands and peeing in scrapes. This is something that I would never think of doing. I can't imagine that human urine is even close in scent to deer urine and would definitely alert them. When I have to pee, I walk 30 to 40 yards up behind my stand to go and I still feel like I could be compromising my hunt. My days of sitting 8 hours without taking a leak are behind me. I'm contemplating a pee jug. Am I being paranoid? For the people who pee care free, what is your actual experience? 

I have whizzed in many scrape's and it has no bad effect. I have cameras on them and have seen by the pics that it doesn't bother the deer that come to the scrape. Some guy's with far more deer experience than me even think it enhances a scrape's attractiveness. Charlie Alsheimer was the first person to tell me this many years ago. As far as I am concerned human urine doesn't bother deer at all.

19 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

I'm contemplating a pee jug. Am I being paranoid

True story...I have a friend that cannot wait for any length of time so he came up with the bright idea of taking a milk jug with him in the stands. Some other friends found out about it and apoxied  the rim one morning before he left for hunting.  He found out you cannot zip up with a jug in he way :taunt:

• Haha 2

I used to climb down and walk away from my tree to pee. But after a number of times of seeing unalarmed deer walking through the area I peed, sometimes less than an hour later, I started just letting it go from the stand a few years ago. There's no indication of it acting as an attractant but I dont think it raises any alarm in deer.

8 minutes ago, JALA RUT said:

I used to climb down and walk away from my tree to pee. But after a number of times of seeing unalarmed deer walking through the area I peed, sometimes less than an hour later, I started just letting it go from the stand a few years ago. There's no indication of it acting as an attractant but I dont think it raises any alarm in deer.

Mature deer will react to pizz just as they react to human scent left on brush or plants. Young deer will walk up to about anything in the woods.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Mature deer will react to pizz just as they react to human scent left on brush or plants. Young deer will walk up to about anything in the woods.

I have seen mature deer walk through the area peed in without spooking but it is clear that they do notice the scent.  The amount of alarm and reaction I guess would be individual to each deer.