Any News On Full Inclusion For 2018?

grampy

@grampy right now the new calendar year session has started. many bills are still trying to get out of committee, which usually means the ball is in the committee chairman's court. rest of the senate or assembly are pretty much left to wait and put effort into their own bills. in the time being it's worth it to get a bunch of your buddies from the same district to call your rep in each, asking them to support the bill and consider being a co-sponsor.  not sure at what point they can be written on as one but the point gets across.  negative folks are always the loudest and if that's all the voices that are heard politicians start to get a wrong picture of what the general public is for or against.  it's best to call up the right people at the right time to move a bill along. right now it's anyone in the environmental committee.

my efforts are going into youth hunting age being lowered right now.  i hope this going through though.

• Like 2

If you go to the NY x-bow coalition web site (nycrossbowcoalition.com)  they have 2 bills that are going the  the senate & the assembly shortly.  bill S1368A & A479A. You can visit the site & sign the pre written letters & send your support for the bills.  Let your Reps. know you want full inclusion now!   Also FYI,  I believe a hunting bow in NY. has to be at least a 40# draw wt. .

• Like 2

to not put a provision in for the elderly and disabled is asinine. Nobody should have a problem with that. Doctors note sent to a system at the dec and done. If a few people fake it, they were hunting with a crossbow illegally anyhow. 

make it easy. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, hunter49 said:

If you go to the NY x-bow coalition web site (nycrossbowcoalition.com)  they have 2 bills that are going the  the senate & the assembly shortly.  bill S1368A & A479A. You can visit the site & sign the pre written letters & send your support for the bills.  Let your Reps. know you want full inclusion now!   Also FYI,  I believe a hunting bow in NY. has to be at least a 40# draw wt. .

Thought minimum weight in NY is 35lbs. 

Edit - must exceed 35lbs (35.1 is good) - http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8305.html

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

scheduling a primary care doc visit to get a referral to see an orthopedic doc or whatever the process might be would basically waste a good portion of your season if it wasn't a pre-existing condition. if you're a vet dealing with a VA facility, forget it. might as well right off the whole season and try during the summer for the next one.

Ya I get that, but I’ve been seeing orthos for years before I reached this point and can get an appt in a week or two I honestly can’t count the numbers of coworkers who have had shoulder surgeries , one guy I know had 3...

Most  of us have been dealing with it for  in some form for years , and could have gotten “ signed off “ ( if it existed ) before we were totally out of the game   , I always fought through it, With drugs , PT,  stretching ,  careful use ,and lowering poundage ,because that was the only way I could hope to get in a stand .

The majority of us would  have no problem getting in and signed off with little,notice , someone with rapid on set may not but they're the rare case, it’s degenerative process for most . 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Ya I get that, but I’ve been seeing orthos for years before I reached this point and can get an appt in a week or two I honestly can’t count the numbers of coworkers who have had shoulder surgeries , one guy I know had 3...

Most  of us have been dealing with it for  in some form for years , and could have gotten “ signed off “ ( if it existed ) before we were totally out of the game   , I always fought through it, With drugs , PT,  stretching ,  careful use ,and lowering poundage ,because that was the only way I could hope to get in a stand .

The majority of us would  have no problem getting in and signed off with little,notice , someone with rapid on set may not but they're the rare case, it’s degenerative process for most . 

I agree. if you're really disabled, chances are your have a doc. Honestly i'm sure most primaries wouldn't have a problem signing a note either. The intent shouldn't be the medical marijuana card scheme in cali. 

Edited by Belo

I think that the degeneration would be slowed if you had options to use a crossbow when you have bad stretches or before you get completely broken. Full inclusion would eliminate all the fuss.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 1/28/2018 at 8:51 PM, hunter49 said:

If you go to the NY x-bow coalition web site (nycrossbowcoalition.com)  they have 2 bills that are going the  the senate & the assembly shortly.  bill S1368A & A479A.

What bewilders me is these are exact same bills introduced the past ~3yrs and they go thru the same cumbersome legislative process each time. Okay, I get the process is needed, but... Bills are introduced, referred to Enviro Cons sub-committee, submitted for assembly/senate vote,and onto Gov for approval/veto. Betting they will, again be stalled in that Envro Cons sub-committee. It's not like that sub-committee is looking at something new...WTH!?! They passed identical bills thru last year, so what's the big deal, again? Just pass it thru the sub-committee onto the legislators with their constituent's input for yea/nay vote!!! Last time that sub-committee actually revamped a Xbow bill is what we're living with now. Political process at its' worst, FUBAR.

• Like 6

What bewilders me is these are exact same bills introduced the past ~3yrs and they go thru the same cumbersome legislative process each time. Okay, I get the process is needed, but... Bills are introduced, referred to Enviro Cons sub-committee, submitted for assembly/senate vote,and onto Gov for approval/veto. Betting they will, again be stalled in that Envro Cons sub-committee. It's not like that sub-committee is looking at something new...WTH!?! They passed identical bills thru last year, so what's the big deal, again? Just pass it thru the sub-committee onto the legislators with their constituent's input for yea/nay vote!!! Last time that sub-committee actually revamped a Xbow bill is what we're living with now. Political process at its' worst, FUBAR.
Some say it takes on average 7 years to pass a bill because of this. I agree it's a pain in the ass. I burned vacation days for the poaching bill that is now law. I literally had meetings with legislators to say hey you passed this same thing through last year but it ran out of time in the end can we get it on committee schedule now and through sooner. Some committees don't meet on a regular basis. Just "as needed". Everyone damn well knows bills like that are needed to be pushed through all the time. The accepted process is its worst enemy which is sad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Belo said:

I agree. if you're really disabled, chances are your have a doc. Honestly i'm sure most primaries wouldn't have a problem signing a note either. The intent shouldn't be the medical marijuana card scheme in cali. 

Cali ? It just started here in NY ,anyone can get a card with one visit to the doctor .

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Cali ? It just started here in NY ,anyone can get a card with one visit to the doctor .

if you read the doh website it's still not easy. small list of providers and can only have non-smokeable form. Needs to be vapped or in pill form. Can't even buy edibles

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/ 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

if you read the doh website it's still not easy. small list of providers and can only have non-smokeable form. Needs to be vapped or in pill form. Can't even buy edibles

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/ 

Vape is the way to go anyways. Get right to the heart of things.   So i have always been told!

19 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yep, full inclusion for everyone. Easy as it gets.... B)

what would be funny is if the whole forum was together and it was like the state of the union. half would have stood to roaring applause while the rest of us sat all bitch face pelosi at that comment. 

19 hours ago, Real World Hunter said:

Vape is the way to go anyways. Get right to the heart of things.   So i have always been told!

i've never vaped. and liguid/oil based thc is still a pretty new concept. Not a log of options. But not allowing edibles either is just silly.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

Well if nothing else this thread got me to get back to the Orthopedic, so I can find out if things got worse and what my options are.

Now get this , wife says better call soon , it’ll take two months to get in , I called a few minutes ago, I got an appointment this Friday 9AM .

Just had to drop Biz’s name ......

Then she says DR must not be good if I can get in that soon .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Well if nothing else this thread got me to get back to the Orthopedic, so I can find out if things got worse and what my options are.

Now get this , wife says better call soon , it’ll take two months to get in , I called a few minutes ago, I got an appointment this Friday 9AM .

Just had to drop Biz’s name ......

Then she says DR must not be good if I can get in that soon .

If the doc has time to operate this Friday when you call today, then I would be a bit nervous.  lol

• Haha 1

X Ray shows one small spur , ok  space in the ball / shocket , the AC joint is a bit off between 2-3 on their scale .

Some concern it may be nerve damage in the neck, as I have had an operation for that before, and the arm going to “ sleep” while I sleep is from neck flopping around while I sleep , and some mild pain in shoulders as he pressed down on head .

They are setting up an appointment for an MRI .

got 8 months to get back on stand 

3 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

X Ray shows one small spur , ok  space in the ball / shocket , the AC joint is a bit off between 2-3 on their scale .

Some concern it may be nerve damage in the neck, as I have had an operation for that before, and the arm going to “ sleep” while I sleep is from neck flopping around while I sleep , and some mild pain in shoulders as he pressed down on head .

SAHN, do you sleep on a regular pillow? I use a cpap pillow, which has stiff "cradle" support under the neck. Even if you don't use a cpap, it might be beneficial for your neck issue.

contour-cpap-pillow-bullets.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Hoping they can get you fixed up and back to shooting, pain free, without surgery. With retirement coming, you will have lots to do! Prayers and good vibes sent.

• Like 2

I sleep with a My Pillow .com ! Although at work I don’t ,and sometimes at home I sleep,on the couch as the wife doesn’t sleep well and she says my snoring wakes her up to much .

I may work another year,Grampy , I really love my job, and I just got two new FF, young strong and eager, who want me to stay. My crew is the best it’s ever been and we’ve been catching a number of fires, but i Don’t move like I,used to.

• Like 1