Vegans and masculinity

steve863

So seriously....What exactly is the motivation behind the vegan fad? Is it morality of some sort? They don't like to take a life for their sustenance? Or is it a health concern...They think they are going to cheat death if the don't eat animal protein? I don't get it. I do know that we are not going to get out of here alive. I'm not even sure that it has been proven that vegans live any longer, or even as long as meat-eaters.

Frankly, I believe we have one shot at this thing called "life", and I love my prime rib just a little too much to deny myself that luxury.

I don't know enough vegans to ask them why they choose to go meatless, so I am asking the general membership here to educate me on why this is their chosen feeding habit. I tend to suspect that it boils down to some kind of liberal political statement meant to convince anyone who will listen to them that there is some display of superiority or higher mental evolutionary development that they are displaying with that choice. And like all libs, there isn't an ounce of reality or truth in anything they have to say.....lol.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 3

Quoted from Doc!

I tend to suspect that it boils down to some kind of liberal political statement meant to convince anyone who will listen to them that there is some display of superiority or higher mental evolutionary development that they are displaying with that choice. And like all libs, there isn't an ounce of reality or truth in anything they have to say.....lol.

Bingo we have a winner!!!  Done, enough said, lock it down!  

Edited by NFA-ADK

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

So seriously....What exactly is the motivation behind the vegan fad? Is it morality of some sort? They don't like to take a life for their sustenance? Or is it a health concern...They think they are going to cheat death if the don't eat animal protein? I don't get it. I do know that we are not going to get out of here alive. I'm not even sure that it has been proven that vegans live any longer, or even as long as meat-eaters.

Frankly, I believe we have one shot at this thing called "life", and I love my prime rib just a little too much to deny myself that luxury.

I don't know enough vegans to ask them why they choose to go meatless, so I am asking the general membership here to educate me on why this is their chosen feeding habit. I tend to suspect that it boils down to some kind of liberal political statement meant to convince anyone who will listen to them that there is some display of superiority or higher mental evolutionary development that they are displaying with that choice. And like all libs, there isn't an ounce of reality or truth in anything they have to say.....lol.

Seems like the  man who go vegan are trying to show they  eat on other things maybe lol   .

Who don't like steak you have to be crazy . 

5 hours ago, steve863 said:

I think some of those so-so fighters might be turning vegan to use it to their advantage.  The fighter squatting in the attached photo is a vegan and just ripped one into his opponents face and rendered him unconscious.  Fight over!!

20110531053347_110529215206.JPG

If that is ME on the top after an evening of Genny Cream Ale, that poor guy doesn't stand a CHANCE !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, Doc said:

it doesn't matter why. Let them do them. It doesn't affect us. We ask the same in return right?

I know several people who don't eat any red meat for health reasons. It's not good for them for individual reasons having to do with digestion. Chicken, turkey and fish, etc are fine, but the red meat doesn't work for them. I get it.

My sister-in-law, on the other hand, is a vegan for political purposes and has told me that straight out. My brother shrugs and says, "It means more steak for me when I grill." He's a very easy-going guy, bless his soul. I don't know how many times he's prevented me from absolutely scorching his idiot wife over the last 25 years. Take a breath and walk away.

44 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

But seldom receive it. lol

no disagreement. but take the high road meat eaters. If you're a white heterosexual male who eats meat the world is against you. So just take the high road. It's more rewarding to smile kindly and bless their heart. That REALLY gets under their skin. They want a fight. Don't give it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Belo said:

it doesn't matter why. Let them do them. It doesn't affect us. We ask the same in return right?

You seem to suffer from a lack of curiosity and a desire to remain ignorant to life and practices that go on around you. Sometimes it is useful to ask a few questions about the beliefs of others. You just might actually learn something useful.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

You seem to suffer from a lack of curiosity and a desire to remain ignorant to life and practices that go on around you. Sometimes it is useful to ask a few questions about the beliefs of others. You just might actually learn something useful.

clearly you've never spoken to a vegan if you think you might learn something :rofl:

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Doc said:

I must fess up.  I have been a closet vegan for decades.  Let me tell you, it ain't easy to maintain my figure living on plants.  I do it for the challenge Doc!  You want to stand out, be the 300lber at the vegan meetings!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok I’ll confess I almost went vegan over the  summer, but I had a good reason .

My wife and I were at the Public Market, she was outside sitting at a table while I waited inside for our breakfast sandwiches. I’m eyeing up,this very hot well built blonde, mid 40’s I’d say, well she comes over stands next to me and starts talking. We talk for like 10 minutes all the while she’s placing her hand on my arm and so on .

Well she’s a vegan, and invited my to some vegan “fair “ the  next  week end , hands me some sort of card with info .

Sadly I was working that week end .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I must fess up.  I have been a closet vegan for decades.  Let me tell you, it ain't easy to maintain my figure living on plants.  I do it for the challenge Doc!  You want to stand out, be the 300lber at the vegan meetings!

Now I know what happened to the trees behind the house.....thought they were building a park.....

rps20180327_104747.jpg

• Like 2