2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

41 minutes ago, Bill Schmidt said:

I was going to put that Leopard wood Slate away along with that Red Cedar Striker.  I think  the Gobbler will like those tones.  Plenty of hunters still out in my neck of the woods.

Silly bastards  !!...I'm ready to go do something SENSIBLE, like going FISHING  !!       Oh well.. Only a few more days    …<<sigh>>...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Silly bastards  !!...I'm ready to go do something SENSIBLE, like going FISHING  !!       Oh well.. Only a few more days    …<<sigh>>...

I’m going fishing Tuesday. Going to kill a few browns too. Smoked trout dip ! But one of the birds hitting the smoker tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I lost track without service Dan but I apologize for jinxing your property.   Hopefully my turkey repellent will wear off by next year.  

• Like 3

Wonder if the full moon (called blossom moon ) is going to have birds wonky by lack of talk and apt to roost longer. Think I can skip the long underwear today , it’s pretty warm this morning. 

Bill , how big is that reptile? Looks like a red eft but those aren’t any longer than 2 inches or so. 

There’s no possible way you could identify a bird in 20 minutes to shoot at legal time. I’m getting soft , avoided yet another opossum. Had to stop completely and have him waddle across the road. It’s a wee bit warm out   Zero wind and can hear forever. The moon is red.  Pretty neat 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2

Quiet here too. Thought you fellas would like to see this pic of some video we shot yesterday morning of a coyote vs. a snapping turtle in our field. I think you can figure out who won. Good luck to all.              valoroutdoors.com 

FB_IMG_1527501805562.jpg

• Like 3

I give you guys credit that are still chasing feathers.   Good luck.  I might go sight a gun or two in today or start building a second platform blind for Deer hunting with the kids if I can get motivated.   But the turkey are safe from me for yet another season. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I change that “our view “ to my view. She apparently is viewing the back of her eye lids. effd228f826d5012c295e2afdfcc022b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay, you should take your daughter to a doctor. She seems to fall asleep too easy.......

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I change that “our view “ to my view. She apparently is viewing the back of her eye lids. effd228f826d5012c295e2afdfcc022b.jpg

She might not have a bird, but she gets an "A" for effort! I admire the fact that she's motivated and keeps trying! She also picks really cozy spots for naps...  :lazy: 

• Like 3

I may head out in the morning, I want one more go before it's over. Maybe try the spot I had the Jake in again. Looks like temps for the climb up at 3:45 will be 64, and 74 by 9. Still want one more day out.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I heard my first gobbler on the property this morning since Moog hunted with me...

Perhaps the jinx is wearing off...I still have 3 more mornings....

I hope he didn't jinx the whole province of Quebec for bear hunting while he was there....<<sigh>>….

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I consider it a successful spring turkey season I got out one day for 3 hours. Too hot, too buggy and too boring! Time to hit the pool and wait for Oct 1!!

Kudos to you troopers!!

• Like 1

Final score........turkeys 3.....grampy 0. Wanted to get out this weekend, but did family stuff and my yard looks great!

Heard lots of gobbling here at home, where I don't hunt. One gobble from the roost opening day, that's it, on my hunting property. 

Enjoyed every second I was out though.

Now, got to get the boat ready for bass! And get things done for deer season!

Congratulations to all the successful turkey hunters this year!

• Like 1