How About Some Rain

I'm glad somebody is.  The updated forecast is looking less and less rainy here.  It went from a whole week of rain, to more "hit or miss" T-storms and scattered showers.  

Any rain is better than none, but it doesn't look like any soaking rain for us.  The 2nd cut is going to be scarce.  My soybeans and little corn plot could sure use the moisture.  

I guess there's no use complaining about it.  I just wish the clowns from "cloud college" hadn't gotten my hopes up.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 11:15 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Almost 2 more inches here last night and this morning. Everything here is green again. 

5B68FB83-756F-46C8-8151-08759572FBF3.jpeg

Your ground aught to be perfect for planting now. We had an inch and four tenths Sunday with gray skies and piddles Monday. It surely helped. East of you, weather service is calling for flooding.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Your ground aught to be perfect for planting now. We had an inch and four tenths Sunday with gray skies and piddles Monday. It surely helped. East of you, weather service is calling for flooding.

We got another half inch or so yesterday. Lots of moisture in the ground now, I just hope it holds up for a couple of weeks and we dont get another dry spell.

If this rain keeps up like this ,the salmon will come up the river early . We had a summer like this a few years back and my buddy and I both landed 4 salmon the first week of August, we got hot as all get out afterwards and never really had a run that year.

• Like 1

Our 15' diameter pool has a 1" grid pattern on the inner liner.  The water level looks like it is up an inch from today's rain.  The 5:30 local news just showed our town got close to an inch, so I guess I can use that as a rain gauge.  One thing is for sure anyhow, rain makes corn and corn makes venison.   Just in the nick of time with that storm, as my corn was starting to look pretty thirsty.   We should be eating good next year, thanks to that inch we got today.  It sounds like there is more on the way.  Even if we don't get that, I am very thankful to the Good Lord, for the inch He just gave us.  That should be plenty to result in an adequate meat supply next year.      

Our 15' diameter pool has a 1" grid pattern on the inner liner.  The water level looks like it is up an inch from today's rain.  The 5:30 local news just showed our town got close to an inch, so I guess I can use that as a rain gauge.  One thing is for sure anyhow, rain makes corn and corn makes venison.   Just in the nick of time with that storm, as my corn was starting to look pretty thirsty.   We should be eating good next year, thanks to that inch we got today.  It sounds like there is more on the way.  Even if we don't get that, I am very thankful to the Good Lord, for the inch He just gave us.  That should be plenty to result in an adequate meat supply next year.      

If you take that scientific liquid measuring technique plus the PA girth chart, what is the predictable outcome for usable meat?
JK Wolc!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2018 at 5:38 PM, wolc123 said:

Refuge across the boarder, then dinner at your place; sounds like a good makings.

If you take that scientific liquid measuring technique plus the PA girth chart, what is the predictable outcome for usable meat?
JK Wolc!!!

Half jk lol