So did you all hear prince Andy’s newest excuse

rob-c

Just now, rob-c said:

Why is everyone moving out of upstate ny ?

Our awesome governor says.... because of the weather  :crazy:

mister governor .... :fuck:

Yup! Saw that on TV when I was taking my first sip of coffee this morning and almost spit it out! Put my school tax checks in the mail on the way to work a little later and laughed again!

Oh yeah, and he said "personal reasons". I have a personal reason - I personally think Cuomo is an a-hole.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Why is everyone moving out of upstate ny ?

Our awesome governor says.... because of the weather  :crazy:

mister governor .... :fuck:

I can stand the weather here just fine! I enjoy the seasons in NY! What I can't stand is a complete fool, who only has self ambitions and his unSafe Act!!!!

Get to the polls!!  Vote him OUT!!!!!  Every vote counts!

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I am selling everything when im 54.5 yrs old, so once I'm 55, i can drive off to Northen Maine until I am dead. I Can't stand NY for lots of reasons.  

I hear you. I really don't want to leave this state, but I can save $1300/month in property taxes compared to VA, NC, or TN. My retirement funding will let me retire in about two years if I move to one of those states compared to me still having to work ongoing to keep up with my tax bills. 

Part of me is pissed at myself for not finding a way to put away more in my youth to cover tax bills, and another part of me thinks, why would I have done that just to hand it over to the state? 

• Like 6

As soon as my kids are out of high school, Im out of here. Does weather factor into things? Sure, but its far from the main reason I want out. Excessive taxes and nanny state laws are the main ones. This area is beautiful, but there are lots of other places that are beautiful as well, and dont have the taxes and political bull that NY does. Cuomo is delusional.

• Like 8

Almost a weekly discussion at my home , wife would move tomorrow and it’s taxes and political climate that drives her, warmer winters are just a plus  . If our kids weren’t here , or if they were married I’d be on board .

Im not going to count the number of our friends and family that have already left , but it’s significant, another couple we are friends with just signed a buyers agreement in Tennessee, oh and he’s an avid snowmobiler .

They feel what they’ll save on property and state taxes will cover their healthcare and they hate the political climate of NYS . My sister pays 20 K in property taxes here, her son has a similar valued home in Tenn. he pays 2k .

We’ve got to many riding and the cart and not enough  pulling it .

Perhaps Gov  Soprano could tell us why folks aren’t fleeing other cold states, from  Wyoming, to Vermont ? You know since the weather drives New Yorkers south and some of those are gaining population .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I am selling everything when im 54.5 yrs old, so once I'm 55, i can drive off to Northen Maine until I am dead. I Can't stand NY for lots of reasons.  

I retired and left NY two years ago. Now, I split my time between  Crystal River Fl and 100acs in Cherryfield Me. I still go back and spend a month deer hunting at camp with my friends in the Catskills. But, the only climate that made me leave NY was political and tax related. As warped as this may sound, I hope you get your wish to die in Maine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

If our kids weren’t here , or if they were married I’d be on board .

We have a married daughter and grandchildren in Rochester and a married daughter with a grandchild in Delaware. Low property tax in DE (but high housing costs) and zero sales tax. So I've lost half that reason to stay. Why can't NY learn from these other low cost states? They seem to have it figured out.

Edited by Steuben Jerry

12 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

I retired and left NY two years ago. Now, I split my time between  Crystal River Fl and 100acs in Cherryfield Me. I still go back and spend a month deer hunting at camp with my friends in the Catskills. But, the only climate that made me leave NY was political and tax related. As warped as this may sound, I hope you get your wish to die in Maine.

Thanks! Yes I love it up there, in the moosehead region, society is sooo different between here, and there, amongst other things.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve D said:

That and the other one: "America was never great" , suing the federal government over Puerto Rico storm response, and his "safe act" law, he will still get re-elected.

Hey, ya never know??  Trump won over Clinton!  Never saw that coming either.  Nothing is ever set in stone!  Get out and VOTE!!!  

If every NY gun owner voted him out, King Andy would lose by a HUGE margin!  By not voting, it's almost like giving him an endorsement! 

Use your vote!  Make a difference!  Make a change! 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

Hey, ya never know??  Trump won over Clinton!  Never saw that coming either.  Nothing is ever set in stone!  Get out and VOTE!!!  

If every NY gun owner voted him out, King Andy would lose by a HUGE margin!  By not voting, it's almost like giving him an endorsement! 

Use your vote!  Make a difference!  Make a change! 

^^^^ this ^^^^ times a 1000.. 

• Like 1