Yelling Goat rendezvous take 3

turkeyfeathers

So here ya go......yesterday morning I was going to hunt East Aurora.  I have neglected the spot this year and was looking forward to it.  The landowners are elderly and have a long gated driveway.  Each morning I hunt I get there newspaper and put it on the porch.  I grabbed the paper, opened the gate, pulled through and then locked the gate.  Parked the truck and took the paper up onto the porch, setting a piece of firewood on top.  Turned around and THEN remembered, I'd left my gun at home in the garage.  &$%@#*^ )(*!#@$^Y*) 

I stood there in the dark, just shaking my head............what are ya gonna do? 

With no traffic it's a 30 minute ride, one way with no traffic.  Well being that sunrise is so late right now I said the heck with it and headed home.  Oh I didn't go straight home; Tim Horton's, Delta Sonic (got the truck washed and picked up some gift packages) then stopped at The Tile Shop on Union Rd to pick up a customers order.  Did some shopping for xmas later in the morning and THEN went back to East Aurora for the afternoon hunt.  Didn't see a thiung from the stand......... :)

• Like 1

So here ya go......yesterday morning I was going to hunt East Aurora.  I have neglected the spot this year and was looking forward to it.  The landowners are elderly and have a long gated driveway.  Each morning I hunt I get there newspaper and put it on the porch.  I grabbed the paper, opened the gate, pulled through and then locked the gate.  Parked the truck and took the paper up onto the porch, setting a piece of firewood on top.  Turned around and THEN remembered, I'd left my gun at home in the garage.  &$%@#*^ )(*!#@$^Y*) 
I stood there in the dark, just shaking my head............what are ya gonna do? 
With no traffic it's a 30 minute ride, one way with no traffic.  Well being that sunrise is so late right now I said the heck with it and headed home.  Oh I didn't go straight home; Tim Horton's, Delta Sonic (got the truck washed and picked up some gift packages) then stopped at The Tile Shop on Union Rd to pick up a customers order.  Did some shopping for xmas later in the morning and THEN went back to East Aurora for the afternoon hunt.  Didn't see a thiung from the stand.........

Funny but almost a let down. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

With no traffic it's a 30 minute ride, one way with no traffic.  Well being that sunrise is so late right now I said the heck with it and headed home.  Oh I didn't go straight home; Tim Horton's, Delta Sonic (got the truck washed and picked up some gift packages) then stopped at The Tile Shop on Union Rd to pick up a customers order.  Did some shopping for xmas later in the morning and THEN went back to East Aurora for the afternoon hunt.  Didn't see a thiung from the stand......... :)

Yeah....ya can't send it, if ya have nothing to send it with! But you did make the best of it. Huge props for that! 

as much of a suck hole as Albany is we've got Hoffman's car wash here. way better. It's owned by Tom Hoffman who's a hunter that completed the big game Super Slam with a bow. Plus this year I got my truck real bloodied up in the back. went to get it washed guy was day dreaming and did the whole outside and never touched the bed. went to the next one on the way to work thinking i'll try again. i explained situation to a cute girl who then said she'll mark it as a rewash free of charge. manager then walked over and asked about the hunt then hopped in the back himself with the pressure washer to make sure nothing got missed.  you western NY guys can have your delta sonic.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Clearly it's a Sonic where after they deliver your food to your window on their roller skates they then proceed to wash your car!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

it's not a sonic closest to the delta checkin counter at the airport??

• Like 1

I was hoping to make it but due to the fact deer season took up so much time I have been notified I am behind on my holiday duties and other things I have neglected. It would be around three hours round trip for me but had hoped to come. :(

I only have a few days to catch up so I hope you guys  have a great time and get home safely. :bye:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

There are a quite few in IL but definitely started by the Benderson family (Benderson Developments) in Buffalo.   

2 here in Syracuse too, always a long line for car washes and gas.  Never even stepped inside of one, but am at the wash and gas frequently