got the new shooting house....

growalot

Thanks guys....I can't really say how long ...for as many of you may have noticed....I have a lot to do...In on a water break now...after mowing...I work this place by my self...deal we made....he brings home the paycheck....I make the home ;) ...And it's a big place with animals and ag stuff...so a little here a little there....I found paying 50 cents per cut at the lumber yard....has really helped me out...before that I would rip all lumber my self with a circular saw :;) ...what was I thinking...lol

I do plan on sleeping in it....no more bumping deer ...getting charged....yotes attacking... and I can actually sleep in a bit....ect...ect....But alas it is just one of many stand and blind options and I do like to mix it up ;)

Thanks guys....I can't really say how long ...for as many of you may have noticed....I have a lot to do...In on a water break now...after mowing...I work this place by my self...deal we made....he brings home the paycheck....I make the home ;) ...And it's a big place with animals and ag stuff...so a little here a little there....I found paying 50 cents per cut at the lumber yard....has really helped me out...before that I would rip all lumber my self with a circular saw :;) ...what was I thinking...lol

I do plan on sleeping in it....no more bumping deer ...getting charged....yotes attacking... and I can actually sleep in a bit....ect...ect....But alas it is just one of many stand and blind options and I do like to mix it up ;)

How many stands and blinds do you have on your property? How many acres do you have?

Dave

Yes there is a pitch....6'2 to 5'10".....

I have many many many  actually 28 stands... now two shooting houses....12 ground blinds....two climbers and two portable blinds on 73 acres...at camp I have 4  on 68 acres the guys have 5.....I hunt from Oct to Dec ...nearly every day at one point or another and change stands pretty much daily...the deer...Tend to look up...a lot of guys file in just before season  and start stand work.....if they notice a stand on me ...well its been there all year and they see so many...no big deal...but they pretty much react to my being out working in the woods all day the same way....I routinely walk past mature and fawn deer ...just yards away and they just watch me and go about their business.

Don't forget the septic system & well

When I bought my property there were 3 nice shooting boxes on it. Each piece of lumber was marked so they knew where it went during assembly out in the field.

Each box also had a big funnel with a lid that drained to a buried 5 gal bucket.

a funnel wouldn't quite cut it for me but a corner "seat" with a pipe to a couple of buried leach buckets is in the works...just need to get all discing done in order to attach the backhoe :P ...that may have to wait untill next year....still need to finish this...the extension to chicken run and put up new fencing on property line that borders the big plot...not to mention canning and freezing and fall plots....today...sorry this heat had me back at the house by 11:00am :(

Thanks NYH....I learned long ago...if I cut and nail 2-3 pieces a day....It will still be there tomorrow to do the same.... :) ;D ...got 4 windows framed out today....after watering the garden and weeding while picking beans...zucchini ...pretty much last of peas...and cukes....I'm in for the afternoon...salads to make ;)