fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Real question who predicts a buck kill for Biz?
Nobody because he can't kill em. Much to my dismay like myself

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

BBD

GTK

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

button buck down?

Treeguy got a dandy of a birthday buck!   Well done Sir.   Your ish must have been on tonight. 

• Like 2

Real question who predicts a buck kill for Biz?

I predict Biz’s dad kills a buck before he does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Little bit about@Treeguy ; he spent his birthday morning helping a friend of mine recover a buck he shot in the rain yesterday. A guy he’d never met. And the Deer Gods were watching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 29

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Biz - if I shoot a buck tomorrow should I text you first so you can predict it?

Of course!

5 hours ago, E J said:

Just picked up some at Walmart, long line behind me when I got done.

Same thing happened to me.  I got my (2) 9F tags but the cashier did not have a clue when I asked if I could donate $10 for the Hunters feeding the hungry program.   He tried to find something on the DEC site with no success.  The computers were extra slow noon, probably due to volume traffic. I felt sorry for the long line of folks behind me, trying to score free tags on their lunch brake.  Now my plan is to pay for the butchering, if I get an extra deer to donate.   It is too bad the DEC cant get this deal straightened out.  I have heard that others had similar results when they tried to make donations at various retail outlets, besides just Walmart.       

• Like 1

Nobody because he can't kill em. Much to my dismay like myself

Careful lad. I’ve passed up 2 small bucks thus far in 2 different counties

• Like 1

I predict Biz’s dad kills a buck before he does

The odds are in his favor. He will go dark to dark every single day until he gets one or really bad weather and the weather looks good for many days to come. He just found out he has hernia today, but will get the surgery after the season

• Like 1

The odds are in his favor. He will go dark to dark every single day until he gets one or really bad weather and the weather looks good for many days to come. He just found out he has hernia today, but will get the surgery after the season

Dam ur dad is a beast!! You know I was just messing around too. That sucks about the Hernia. Hopefully ur around to help him drag it out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Same thing happened to me.  I got my (2) 9F tags but the cashier did not have a clue when I asked if I could donate $10 for the Hunters feeding the hungry program.   He tried to find something on the DEC site with no success.  The computers were extra slow noon, probably due to volume traffic. I felt sorry for the long line of folks behind me, trying to score free tags on their lunch brake.  Now my plan is to pay for the butchering, if I get an extra deer to donate.   It is too bad the DEC cant get this deal straightened out.  I have heard that others had similar results when they tried to make donations at various retail outlets, besides just Walmart.       

@wolc123, if you want you can donate to the Venison Donation Coalition via this gofundme organized by Rochester QDMA. It's tax deductible!

link

Edited by goosifer

Sitting doesn't make for much irritation and he's got you to drag his deer for him.

• Like 1

Careful lad. I’ve passed up 2 small bucks thus far in 2 different counties

I passed up a nice 8. Had shot didn't like then those bastards the workers scared it off before I got a better shot

Smallest hard horn spike I've seen ,sub legal for sure ..look hard..imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34014c1c31147276f6ed5472f99e1e819654d82d48c9fbe3f1Screenshot_20191101-165127_Gallery.thumb.jpg.28cdda5562692bf82ee2a61e5b9ebd2c.jpg

1eb9fe3c105b85862c40c6b86d0f1030.jpgaa5da200fc000c7d55ab851e9ea01e3a.jpg

I thought these were both does

• Like 2

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

So I jumped Back in the redneck for the evening sit. Wind had all but laid down completely the later it got. Right before it started getting dark, a group of does came out into the plot. I held Off waiting for one of the big boys to step out, and right before the day was done, he did just that. Too bad it was at the other end of the plot. He’s a big, tall 8 with good mass. He’s the one that was out this morning too. He’s been pretty active during daylight lately, more so than the other shooters have been. Hopefully I get A crack at him with the crossbow this weekend. 

• Like 1

1eb9fe3c105b85862c40c6b86d0f1030.jpg&key=56842ae352fa9f8cde649313828071945469b93f72e80654a7373411fb9d4e8aaa5da200fc000c7d55ab851e9ea01e3a.jpg&key=4c95497c639c14e9db0b6b447c1c6644060f275830bdd2accac917b737654332

I thought these were both does

How about 2 broken off antlers that I thought was a big doe? They where both snapped at the base. f94672baa0e2e63d672a86f3e1fd6af5.jpg770915fdeaf4424d1d749383d98200de.jpg

• Like 1

I passed up a nice 8. Had shot didn't like then those bastards the workers scared it off before I got a better shot

Sounds like you didn’t have a shot. Not “passed up” unless you chose not to shoot

Sounds like you didn’t have a shot. Not “passed up” unless you chose not to shoot

Nah I had a shot. I just was waiting for the perfect shot. It was slight quartering to well within range. And by quartering to I mean if I was 10 feet to my right it'd be perfect broadside. And I decided not to takw that shot and instead be patient and wait for him to take another step or two. No matter I was happy I waited. Hopefully get some more action this weekend.

• Like 2

So after walking up on the fawn walking in , another fawn fed for a long time and then a big doe and 2 more fawn came in inside 25 feet. Dead downwind , her nose in the air but not spooked , zero chance on drawing on her. They gently walked off behind me. Deer everywhere along the road on the way home.  Congrats to everyone who knocked one down today. Tomorrow is looking epic for us all. 

• Like 2

Nah I had a shot. I just was waiting for the perfect shot. It was slight quartering to well within range. And by quartering to I mean if I was 10 feet to my right it'd be perfect broadside. And I decided not to takw that shot and instead be patient and wait for him to take another step or two. No matter I was happy I waited. Hopefully get some more action this weekend.

Was this posted on forum? I don’t recall seeing it and why are you complaining about not seeing deer if you saw an 8!!!

Was this posted on forum? I don’t recall seeing it and why are you complaining about not seeing deer if you saw an 8!!!

Well that was 2 weeks ago. Haven't seen a deers ass hair since. He was one of 4 total deer seen the whole season. And one of 2 that were in range. Him and the doe I missed opening weekend. The others were hundreds of yards away. Very strange season

• Like 1

Decent movement today in 6R. Ventured out after being at work for 25 straight hours chasing all of the outages. Small bucks cruising and following all the does that strolled through. 

Good afternoon to be in the woods. 

5528312C-1FA1-4421-8744-EC9F8EB7E725.jpegDouble lunged at 26yds. Raptor tricks did there job. 

8013F20B-FFF5-4E11-8DA9-492C4F36BF47.jpegI put the hydro tractor/lawn mower to work for the recovery!!

Edited by J sin
  • Like 17

Tried for a short magic hour sit in 3g at the end of the work day. No luck and no magic. Wind swirling bad and only excitement turned out to be two squirrels fighting it out. Should have stayed in my back porch and popped the does in my yard.

Temp is dropping tonight. Hope tomorrow am brings some action to all headed out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk