fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Finally it’s Saturday. The only day I really get to get out. Coffee, the throne, shower and off to the woods. Feels very deery here in 1C this morning. 26 deg calm wind clear sky. I have a good feeling about this one.
Good luck to all getting out. Hope you can stay warm. Hope I can stay warm lol
I think this forum is gonna blow up better than last week today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

Low 20's, some snow on the ground. Deer should be moving  Advantage hunter.

Walking in on very crunchy leaves to the stand, calm winds so deer can hear that for a 1/4 mile in all directions:  Advantage deer.

An hour later when things settle down, can hear the deer a comin'!:  Advantage hunter  ( I love that sound)

Two hours later when said 20 F temps start to chill to the bone if not dressed to the hill:  Advantage deer.

The rut is on:  Advantage hunter.

Congrats to all who scored and can sit by the wood fire today and good luck to all heading out there in the deer woods.

• Like 5

It's November 9th! Don't need anymore motivation than that to get up and out!! Just finished breakfast and having coffee. In the teens for the temp. Will head back to the oak ridge where I shot my buck last weekend. Looking for a big fat doe with my bow. I know an elderly couple that could use some meat in their freezer this winter. And my partner and I will make sure it gets filled.

Best of luck to all heading out! Today and tomorrow will be among the best deer hunting days of the year! Enjoy em! And have fun out there!

• Like 4

15 and slight south breeze, crunchy snow.  Full hour behind schedule, but at least my thumb is intact!

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Time for a shower then my super long 4 minute drive to my hunting land then a 5 min walk to the stand. Hopefully I don't freeze to death

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Time for a shower then my super long 4 minute drive to my hunting land then a 5 min walk to the stand. Hopefully I don't freeze to death

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bloody up that new Lexus 

• Like 1

Finally it’s Saturday. The only day I really get to get out. Coffee, the throne, shower and off to the woods. Feels very deery here in 1C this morning. 26 deg calm wind clear sky. I have a good feeling about this one.
Good luck to all getting out. Hope you can stay warm. Hope I can stay warm lol
I think this forum is gonna blow up better than last week today!

1C is that mid town manhattan?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

It's November 9th! Don't need anymore motivation than that to get up and out!! Just finished breakfast and having coffee. In the teens for the temp. Will head back to the oak ridge where I shot my buck last weekend. Looking for a big fat doe with my bow. I know an elderly couple that could use some meat in their freezer this winter. And my partner and I will make sure it gets filled.
Best of luck to all heading out! Today and tomorrow will be among the best deer hunting days of the year! Enjoy em! And have fun out there!

11/9 has some
Mojo for me, LETS GO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

In stand waiting for daylight. Going to be a cold all day sit...26 with real feel 17. Feeling lucky, in the stand I got the 10Pt out of last year on 11/9! Good luck all

• Like 1

It’s 15* here and the pipes froze in my cabin yesterday so no shower. I smell like last night’s cornbread, IPA and tears. Think I might sit this morning out, thaw the pipes and try this afternoon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Got in the stand 30 min ago. Was surprised to see 4 mature shooters on the card I pulled that I’ve never seen before. Hoping to connect!

• Like 1

My hunting buddy convinced me to shoot a flathead today instead of duck hunt. see if I can pop one this morning. Good luck everyone. 

15 min out from hunting spot car in front of me almost hit a deer. 10 min out I slam brakes to avoid hitting one and five min out a large buck runs out, its life only spared by around five seconds. Never seen this sort of deer crossing activity.

After several seasons in this spot I have identified yesterday what I believe to be the best tree on the property and will be in that shortly. It’s at a natural funnel of trees around 60 yards wide through which the. K of all deer travel.

• Like 1

Who has 2 thumbs and left his quiver of bolts at home?  This guy!

Luckily I had a couple practice bolts and spare broadheads under the back seat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Live from the recliner.  Up and animals fed, wood stove crackling, coffee made.  No deer hunting for adults in Vermont today.  I did just watch a big one-horned spike run around in all kinds of directions, then head out across the hay field out front.  He was on the move, nose to the ground.  20 degrees even here.  I may head over to the farm to check cams and Posters, and to look at the deer tracks in the snow.  One more week!

In my stand not 20 min nice buck with nose to ground at 16-18 yds not sure how many points but tall tines too dark to put a pin on him

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

Gorgeous morning.  Love snow.   Hoping our buddy Terry scores big.  And inferno bibs and sanctuary jacket dusted off for first time this year.   Good luck all.  

Opening day dry run . Sitting in green hut to see if there’s any movement , that heater works etc .

solid 2 1/2 8 pt hung out at 60 yards perfect for my daughter.

C45EFA5B-0181-4F95-91CC-F335FE373C55.jpeg

9D493929-4C4F-4DAA-AAEC-F7536FD94E8D.jpeg

• Like 3