WNYBuckHunter

Live From The Woods 2019 Turkey Edition

8 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

No gobbles yesterday but set two blinds for the opener .......leaks popping all over the property as well.
Through out a few cams and put boots to some new adjacent property we gained permission to hunt.
Clear Creek which cuts through our lease was ranging but did find a few spots that should be holding fish.d4b9609403e404d420262673793e1c01.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Clear Creek was real high yesterday? I imagine after tomorrow it will be way up again

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

I checked several cameras yesterday, lots of gobblers on camera, different times of the day. When I first pulled up to my parking spot there were birds in the lane about 150 yds away. I heard several gobbles. Boy if that doesn't get the juices flowing!!

• Like 3

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Clear Creek was real high yesterday? I imagine after tomorrow it will be way up again
It was ripping.....and really mud stained.
Friday looks to was it out as well.ddeef5b815d07141268ee115972aa7b7.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

1a8b2db207fb45064286313bfc7ff874.jpg&key=4ef28696c6bfd53564b38600121842f9fddef70bfb7061fd7c433b80f1272710

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woods road like that almost makes it unfair in your favor from what I read somewhere!

• Like 2

All set up in our blind and ready to go! Had 10 toms and 15 hens out here last night and last weekend in the mornings. Just heard the first gobble off the roost. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

All set up in our blind and ready to go! Had 10 toms and 15 hens out here last night and last weekend in the mornings. Just heard the first gobble off the roost. 

Good luck John and Haley    

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

3 or 4 toms hammering hard not far in the woods. 

I got goose bumps !! And a big smile 

I was supposed to leave to meet my buddy for a camp clean up day....sitting here awaiting the BIG BIRD DOWN post!!!

Have deke out ? Scratch leaves and super soft purrs   Maybe wait for one to start a gobble and cut him off immediately with a soft 3 note Yelp. Or just go silent and make them look. You guys got this 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

Watching and waiting on WNYBuckHunter  too!

Edited by Otto

I’m not sure what they didn’t like. We were trying a new strutting decoy Haley got. First time using one like that. After the birds left I took It down. 

It's early yet, John....Good idea to take the strutter down if the birds seemed tentative..I have had very good luck in recent years with a strutter, but now and then a bird will spook from one, or just shy away from it...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2