2 months from today !

Robhuntandfish

get ready for the live from the woods thread coming soon!  Damn cant wait so we dont have to talk about filet o fish or shark week (these might be the same) or Oniontown people.  Bring it on.  Get your #*@& together folks!  lol   Cams go up this weekend - bow comes out for the first shot of the year.  GF season is about to end so better take her out to dinner or plan some time so she is happy at least thru the rut! lol

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

After yesterdays cam pull of 2 nice bucks im pumped!bow has been out a couple times and plan on shooting a few times a week.need to request off for opening day too

get that time off request in!!  I have to take the opener off or i just pace and bitch at work all day 

I am taking very little early season time off this year except for opening day.  Too many years of sitting in a stand on a hot day to see nothing i finally learned my lesson. But once about Oct 24th hits...its on.  Never work more than 2-3 days a week for the rest of season.  Am putting the WNYer's work schedule in play!  

• Like 3

I am still working on my form,i had some issues with my BH hitting left. After many trials i figured out it was my bow grip. And Draw length. Got those taken care of and now BH hits with FP at 40 yds. I am shooting just about every day,and just have to move a couple stands. I cant hardly wait.. I will focus on the end of october as well,but i also am looking for a freezer doe asap. Deer meat is running low after last years dismal season for me.

But that is/was motivation to get everything,including me,working just so.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I am still working on my form,i had some issues with my BH hitting left. After many trials i figured out it was my bow grip. And Draw length. Got those taken care of and now BH hits with FP at 40 yds. I am shooting just about every day,and just have to move a couple stands. I cant hardly wait.. I will focus on the end of october as well,but i also am looking for a freezer doe asap. Deer meat is running low after last years dismal season for me.

But that is/was motivation to get everything,including me,working just so.

I'm down to probably 6 pounds of ground . Doubt I can stretch it ,I need an early season doe as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm down to probably 6 pounds of ground . Doubt I can stretch it ,I need an early season doe as well.

Our freezer depleted of 2 deer. Some ground , tenderloin, smattering of Costanzas is all that’s left. This is my freezer fillling year I feel. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Biz has been waiting in line to buy license since yesterday afternoon 

I just bought all my licenses online.

People who don't buy their licenses on august 1st, just aren't really into hunting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Just like the ones who still haven't touched their bow on August 1st

Haha. I will shoot probably 5 or 6 out of the next 9 weekends. I will surely be ready by 10/1. I think my practice is an idea everyone should try. I get in my hunting blind and have my dad keep moving the target around. I don't rangefind the target but rather aim a little low or high based on my guesstimate (I'm sighted in with 1 pin at 25yds). This is about as realistic to an actual hunt as it gets. It forces me to shoot from weird positions and odd distances.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 4

Why not use a Laser Range Finder

Haha. I will shoot probably 5 or 6 out of the next 9 weekends. I will surely be ready by 10/1. I think my practice is an idea everyone should try. I get in my hunting blind and have my dad keep moving the target around. I don't rangefind the target but rather aim a little low or high based on my guesstimate (I'm sighted in with 1 pin at 25yds). This is about as realistic to an actual hunt as it gets. It forces me to shoot from weird positions and odd distances.
To mark certain trees/openings to give guidance on certain distances

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

All I have is a visual of Bir-R-OWorld SR running around the yard holding the target and you shooting like William Tell at him on the move. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TACC said:

Why not use a Laser Range Finder

To mark certain trees/openings to give guidance on certain distances

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I always hunt with rangefinder and know what distances certain trees are. But I like to be prepared for actual real world hunting, where you look one way and look back and a deer is there. My xbow buck was next to an 18 yard tree, it happened fast but i remembered to aim a tad low because (sighted in dead on at 25yds) and shot him perfectly through the lungs.

7 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

All I have is a visual of Bir-R-OWorld SR running around the yard holding the target and you shooting like William Tell at him on the move. 

Not the yard. My actual hunting spots. I stay in blind, he pulls out arrow and moves it. Sometimes I close my eyes and then open and have to find target right away and shoot asap. it's good practice, at least i think so. Anyone can take their time and make a 35yd. chip shot in perfect scenario, but hunting usually doesnt happen like that. especially when you are hunting woods and not open fields.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Been working on my bow form, had some target panic issues and have been dropping my arm after the shot.  Looking forward to opening day!  Have a Brotherhood for the fallen shoot this weekend to benefit the widows of our fallen police officers.  Hope to keep my form together for the entire shoot!  (I tend to get lazy when I don't really focus!)  More shoots coming if anyone is interested!  Check our calendar for dates.  www.suffolkarchers.com