Surprise DMP in the mail yesterday.

mowin

Checked the mail yesterday and low and behold, there's a DMP for 4U.  This is the first yr I a long time that there was DMP's available for other than landowner or VETs.  

It was my first choice and I wasn't successful.  I still get to keep my preference point for next year also. 

• Like 6

I've been sent a DMP a couple times over the years after being denied when I first applied.  It's definitely a great feeling getting one.  They seem to be worth their weight in gold in many of the WMU's in the southeast region of the state.  So glad that I don't hunt this region anymore and don't have to deal with theses DMP scarcities. 

4U only had 300 tags, and I believe half of those were for landowner or VETs.  Most didn't even bother trying for one as the likely hood of getting one was low.  Don't understand why they only have 300 for this unit.   It's infested with deer.  Drive down the back roads in the evening and you will Easily see 50+ deer, and that's only a couple roads.  This area is so tuff to get permission to hunt. Tons of 100+ acre places owned by dowmstaters that don't like hunting. 

• Thanks 1