Deleted Account

What are you reading?

Osa Johnson’s “I Married Adventure”.....forum member Dinsdale  gave me the book and I’m slowly getting through it.  It is a very old original that I have to be careful of.  January of 1940 edition.

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

On 10/2/2020 at 3:19 PM, blackbeltbill said:

Most of the Traditional Turkey Hunting in the Roughly 13 States that had a Turkey Population was held in Fall + Winter.

Spring Turkey Hunting came about after the massive Restoration of Turkey Populations to include 49 States using Cannon Nets to Trap+ Transfer Pure Wild Turkeys in State + State to State.

US POPULATION of Wild Turkeys reached a all time Low of approximately 33 Thousand Turkeys Nationwide around the year 1933.

Again-- Spring Turkey Hunting  was added on after the Traditional Fall + Winter Turkey Season.

There are some turkey hunters that will not hunt in the Spring, they say it is to easy and no challenge to get a turkey in the Spring. I disagree.

On a side note I picked this up on ebay the other day, supposed to be in Tuesday. The Wild Turkey Biology & Management by James G Dickson.

This will be my next purchase I think.

Wild Turkey Harvest Management : Biology, Strategies, and Techniques, Paperback by . Fish and Wildlife Service (COR); Healy, William M.; Powell, Shawn M., ISBN 1484970233, ISBN-13 9781484970232, Like New Used, Free shipping

The book’s objective was to synthesize what is known about the effects of hunting on wild turkey populations, and provide models for regulating harvest that provide ample hunting opportunity with minimal risk of overharvest. The book also reviews the biology of the species and the 3 basic strategies for harvesting wild turkeys.

The Wild Turkey Biology & Management.jpg

Book2.0.jpg

9 hours ago, Sir-diealot said:

There are some turkey hunters that will not hunt in the Spring, they say it is to easy and no challenge to get a turkey in the Spring. I disagree.

On a side note I picked this up on ebay the other day, supposed to be in Tuesday. The Wild Turkey Biology & Management by James G Dickson.

This will be my next purchase I think.

Wild Turkey Harvest Management : Biology, Strategies, and Techniques, Paperback by . Fish and Wildlife Service (COR); Healy, William M.; Powell, Shawn M., ISBN 1484970233, ISBN-13 9781484970232, Like New Used, Free shipping

The book’s objective was to synthesize what is known about the effects of hunting on wild turkey populations, and provide models for regulating harvest that provide ample hunting opportunity with minimal risk of overharvest. The book also reviews the biology of the species and the 3 basic strategies for harvesting wild turkeys.

The Wild Turkey Biology & Management.jpg

Book2.0.jpg

Sor-diealot- that is a good Book indeed!

I bought mine around 1994 for, I believe 69 Dollars.  Although it is dry Reading, I have come back to this book many times over the Decades .

• Like 1

Last week. The Big Burn, by Timothy Egan
This week. The Last of the Mohicans, James Fenimore Cooper. I read this 20 years ago. It was time for a reread.
Also started Tales from Nowhere, edited by Don George

• Like 2

Picked this one up 35 years ago and have been going through it again refreshing the old brain on a lot of forgotten facts.:good:

5103+Sj4LTL.jpg

• Like 1

Serious Dogs For Serious Work

12 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Sor-diealot- that is a good Book indeed!

I bought mine around 1994 for, I believe 69 Dollars.  Although it is dry Reading, I have come back to this book many times over the Decades .

Of which to you refer?

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. Outside of “The Wake” (written in Shadow Tongue) which I highly recommend for historical fiction fans, this is my first truly experimental novel.  I’m about 50 pages in, and it’s strange. Looking forward in the book, it will get a whole lot more strange. I always wondered why I couldn’t get this book on my ereader, but now I realize that it probably couldn’t deal with the strange format. 

265CFBFA-53F0-44AE-9F1C-C77F2B571768.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

A1110DA6-ADBA-47A7-A195-A2BF8CE731E3.jpeg

Makes excellent toilet paper. Though for some reason all the pages already seem to be full of shit

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Makes excellent toilet paper. Though for some reason all the pages already seem to be full of shit

Channeling your inner Maureen Corrigan, I see. Keep at it, perseverance is key. 

A Promised Land arrived today.  If it’s anything like his previous books, I’m in for a treat!

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

Dark Passage by Richard S Wheeler. It is a book in the Barnaby Skye series set in the days of the beaver trapping times in the beginning of the settling of this country

It's not bad and I will probably read a couple more.

• Like 2

Dark Passage by Richard S Wheeler. It is a book in the Barnaby Skye series set in the days of the beaver trapping times in the beginning of the settling of this country
It's not bad and I will probably read a couple more.

I grabbed one and started it last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Recently finished reading Horace Kephart's Camping and Woodcraft, and I'm just about 1/4 of the way into Mors Kohcanski's Bushcraft:Outdoors Skills and Wilderness Survival.

I was very surprised that the Kephart book revolved around hunting a lot. Tracking, skinning, processing, and even cooking wild game. I'll be buying the second volume soon.

I also want to pick up a couple books by Nessmuk. His canoeing the Adirondacks book and his camping and woodcraft book.

I am reading this Book once again. Voss lost his life in a Dogfight with 5+ Allied Fighter Aces. 

20201119_072225.jpg

Back cover of September Evening. Voss on the Left + Manfred Von Richthofen on the right.

Voss shot down 48 planes before being killed in this Dogfight. And Richthofen was the Aces of Aces on both sides with 80 Victories before being shot down from the Ground by Australian Machine gunners.

20201119_072417.jpg

On 11/19/2020 at 7:09 AM, DirtTime said:

Recently finished reading Horace Kephart's Camping and Woodcraft, and I'm just about 1/4 of the way into Mors Kohcanski's Bushcraft:Outdoors Skills and Wilderness Survival.

I was very surprised that the Kephart book revolved around hunting a lot. Tracking, skinning, processing, and even cooking wild game. I'll be buying the second volume soon.

I also want to pick up a couple books by Nessmuk. His canoeing the Adirondacks book and his camping and woodcraft book.

You might also enjoy “Camp and Trail” by Stewart Edward White. 

7 hours ago, left field said:

You might also enjoy “Camp and Trail” by Stewart Edward White. 

I check it out. Thank you.