2011 Harvest thread

WNYBuckHunter

At this point I have one pic. from his cell and a one sentence "story". Last time I put a guys big buck on a hunting site, he was not pleased,so not having spoke with him yet no who,what,when or where other then NY ok Western ny.

He works with my wife and many years ago i worked there as well,now I see him once year or so.

Wow some real nice deer taken. Congrats to all, some real nice bucks taken by members on this site. Hope my luck changes for this weekend or possible next if my other tech finally gets over her cold... Sucks when your hunting time gets cut down due to work issues!!! And a best friend not inviting me up for bow, that really cut deep... Esp. when he knew I wanted to hunt it, time to find more land to hunt...

Good luck to all and be safe!!!

My son harvested this buck on 12-1-11. Came barreling in from the woods to check out some larger doe fawns in one of our wheat fields. He put the scope on him at 20 yards. Heart lung shot, deer went 30 yards and ended up leaning against a tree. His left hind leg had a bullet hole through it, but was healing. He has great luck this time of the year. He hasn't seen a buck all gun season, but when he does, he gets it done. We really want to take a doe or two, but he showed up and was 8 of larger. Really proud pops here.

Took vacation starting Saturday the 3'rd to hunt. Went down to Cattaraugus St Forest (9M) for a half day hunt. Was in the same area opening day and it was solid hunters, I only saw one other car there on Saturday. Saw 2 doe while hunting my way out to the car. Put the new 30-30 to use and now am waiting for a call from the butcher ! Realized two problems with hunting alone, the drag out to the car, and getting the deer on the roof of the car. I've got to get one of those platforms that attaches to your hitch. So nice to have 2 tags left but can hunt in good weather and stay in and watch it rain !

• Like 1

well i finally got meat for my freezer . ( well i didnt get it my brother n law ) but i sat all day watching her and her friends .got in woods at 7 am went and sat on the back side of a hill . nothing but squirrels . then the bluejays started yelling behind me acrossed the pond . so i moved to other sid slowly but not quietly enough . they jump up and ran up the hill and stop large buck with them . the wandered around i sat down and watched the layed down . the buck was off to the side in the thick stuff .so i sat there all day watching . i knew i could not shoot her but my brother n law is dead aim . so i made a phone call . he didnt get there till 2:30 . mine you i have been watching them from 9am on . very fustrating . i ate my lunch had some popcorn . stood up sat down . they never moved . well my brother n law showed up and boom dropped her where she stood and then all the others scattered . didnt see witch way the buck went but they all got out of dodge . so i have many thanks for my brother n law . i gutted and dragged it . thanks again buddy .sorry forgot camera no pictures sorry

Been a good season for me shot a 5pt buck on opening day and shot a nice doe Saturday late in the day.

Can't ask for anything more I am very grateful first to be able to get out and hunt and be successful to boot.

Life is good, Have a great Christmas everyone.