Corona Virus Thread

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

Some people are not aware Republicans can favor leftist ideologies too, while still voting for republicans.  It's called confusion.

I think that’s more accurately called “being a thinking person and not a slave to a rigid ideology which renders one incapable of independent thought and action.” 

As Chef said, he looked at the facts in front of him as they were presented by the players and came to the conclusion that Cuomo is doing a pretty good job and Trump a terrible one. A conclusion made independent of his political affiliation or leaning. 

Not exactly an earth-shattering observation. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rattler said:

Once again the leftist progressive main stream media pushes the false narrative to keep their mush brained followers in a feel good frenzy, while their minions rob them blind and remove their liberties.  This is why we are in the fix we are currently in.  The masses can no longer see the emperor has no clothes.

You talking about Trumpers?

26 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

You talking about Trumpers?

Funny, I was going to say the same thing about that quote. 

42 minutes ago, Rattler said:

A conclusion arrived at after swallowing too much leftist indoctrination from the main stream media.  If that's where you get your information from, you do not think for yourself.

Once again, you’re wrong. I don’t watch much if any “leftist” media or certainly no more than “rightist”.  

I read the NYT because it’s still the paper of record in this country and I live in NYC. I also read the WSJ, that bastion of communism. 

I also skew more conservative than liberal but for some hard thought-out positions. Can you point out where I spout my left wing indoctrination or the party line? I do say that Trump’s a buffoon, generally an asshole, and especially dangerous for the country right now in this time of crisis. But I really didn’t need anyone to help me with that conclusion. 

It’s kind of funny (sad funny, not funny funny) how you can’t see through your red-coloured lenses and have a conversation that isn’t tainted with your preconceptions and biases.  

I clean my glasses with some regularity to make as colorless as possible. You may want to try it. 

• Like 4

Fingers crossed, dude. 

According to Cuomo:

About 12,000 people in New York have been discharged from hospital care — 74% of all cases — with 1,700 discharged in one day, the governor said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Government at all levels are responsible to prepare for mass casualties and disasters.  Hopefully there will be “lessons learned” from this pandemic.  There have been pandemics in the past and most certainly there will be more in the future.  Let us hope politicians are intelligent enough to be better prepared in the future.

Considering the inappropriate treatment of President Trump by many in Congress and the media as the corona virus pandemic was unfolding, President Trump has made the best responses possible while dealing during and after the fake impeachment charges.  Before that it was more fake charges of “Russian collusion” and other fake charges.

Tonight as President Trump was speaking, a CNN reporter harassed him over his support to use Hydroxychloroquine.  President Trump has repeatedly said we need to try anything to prevent people from dying.  Another reporter asked why not close food stores!  Really, every store will be broke into and looted.  Do they teach stupidity in journalism school?

Here is just but one example of the inappropriate treatment President Trump has been subjected to:  Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota — responded defiantly Thursday. She told reporters at the Capitol that she believes the president is a “fascist” and cast the confrontation as a fight over “what this country truly should be.”  “We are going to continue to be a nightmare to this president because his policies are a nightmare to us. We are not deterred. We are not frightened,” she told a cheering crowd that greeted her like a local hero at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport as she returned from Washington.”  What kind of “nightmare” was Omar suggesting?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/18/ilhan-omar-vows-be-nightmare-donald-trump/

Edited by ADK Native
  • Like 3

You must be smoking crack if you think Trump and the federal government have done a good job with this pandemic. South Korea had the first confirmed case at the same time as us,in january. They handled it well,the u.s. not so much,unless you consider having the most cases in the world makes s number 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d like to pause for a moment from the lunacy and point out some good that I’ve seen over the weekend due to the corona virus and social distancing.

I spent most of the weekend outside doing chores. I live in a somewhat rural area and I’ve never seen so many families out for a walk or bike ride so many husbands and wife’s out walking or doing chores together so many elderly out enjoying the weather.

I know our family has gone on numerous walks through our small neighborhood. We have had several dinner and a movie night’s. Last night we all sat around the table and played yatzee and another bored game.

It’s a shame we are doing all this under these circumstances but Ive honestly been enjoying these slowed down times with not much to do.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

You must be smoking crack if you think Trump and the federal government have done a good job with this pandemic. South Korea had the first confirmed case at the same time as us,in january. They handled it well,the u.s. not so much,unless you consider having the most cases in the world makes s number 1.

I think the biggest reason it didn't get too bad in South Korea is due to people wearing masks.  You would think it would have gotten out of control in other Asian countries as well, but they don't have any issues wearing masks, so this helped the situation.  I think wearing masks, bandanas, anything on your face works better than we in this country had been told at the start. It seems like we were way late to the game with wearing them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I think the biggest reason it didn't get too bad in South Korea is due to people wearing masks.  You would think it would have gotten out of control in other Asian countries as well, but they don't have any issues wearing masks, so this helped the situation.  I think wearing masks, bandanas, anything on your face works better than we in this country had been told at the start. It seems like we were way late to the game with wearing them.

Testing is very important too. I would not be able to get a test unless I was inpatient at a hospital up here. Hopefully that begins to change soon. 

It’s been proven, the reason it didn’t get so bad there was early wide spread testing and isolation of the sick. They were on it super early and took Control.

There is a big difference the way the people in countries like Korea react to orders from their governments, they generally obey to a T what they are told to do, unlike the many morons in this country who are still acting like there is nothing to worry about and go about their lives as such. All it takes are a few who think the rules do not apply to them and these Corona fires will just keep on burning.

Al

• Like 3

It’s been proven, the reason it didn’t get so bad there was early wide spread testing and isolation of the sick. They were on it super early and took Control.

If the US tried to implement what they did in S Korea there would be a civil war! We don’t respond to governments orders like S Koreans.

But I’m sure that’s trumps fault as well!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, airedale said:

There is a big difference the way the people in countries like Korea react to orders from their governments, they generally obey to a T what they are told to do, unlike the many morons in this country who are still acting like there is nothing to worry about and go about their lives as such. All it takes are a few who think the rules do not apply to them and these Corona fires will just keep on burning.

Al

Hey go easy on the Morons .... they vote ya know !   LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

The main reason is their government immediately enlisted their biggest corporations to develop a working test within a few days and then their government efficiently tracked all the infected and exposed...

So guess again

BTW South Koreans are a lot like Americans they have a very US/West influenced culture 

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

If the US tried to implement what they did in S Korea there would be a civil war! We don’t respond to governments orders like S Koreans.

No it’s just ignorance and fear honestly. But rapid testing and isolation of the sick was key. They are even saying as our economy reopens there will probably be some rapid testing as people return to work

35 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

How many times a page are you guys gonna envoke civil war and violence.

Good Citizens respect their government even if and when you disagree or didn’t vote for them.  That’s the invisible contract that binds society.

It is especially especially true in times of crisis.

The amount of small minded, paranoid, hateful, dissident and violent language associated with this “don’t tread on me” mentality is astonishing and sad.

Its true the founders flaunted a king...but not for the sake of anarchy, quite the opposite to form a sustainable firm of government despite our vast competing interests. 

One capable of outlasting several plagues and a civil war and 2 world wars...maybe we had a good run

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, airedale said:

You ought to practice what you preach!

Where have I called for anyone to even be removed from office let alone hung

I don’t love Trump but I haven’t scoffed at any of his orders (if he made any)

I think the president is doing this as badly as just about everyone else in the west...Cuomo just slightly better

Edited by OtiscoPaul