Mr. Lucky .....lol

Doc

Well, mother nature has figured out yet one more wonderful way to screw up my bow season. The other day, I was brushing in one of my pop-up ground blinds with pine boughs and golden rod. In the process of gathering armfuls of golden rod, I managed to get a bunch of seeds in my right eye. No big deal, just a minor irritation .... right? Of course not. I managed to get a hell of an eye infection from it that has me taking eyedrops every two hours, and I can't see out of my right eye. Can't see anything but blurry fuzz, and that doesn't work real well through a peep sight ..... lol. they have a funny name for it that I can pronounce but not spell. I've had this happen a few times before and it usually lasts at least a couple of weeks. The season hasn't exactly been real wonderful so far, and I sure didn't need this!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have a bit shorter season than everyone else to get the job done. Not going to let this get me down. There still should be enough season left after this eventually goes away to get me one of those furry critters.

Is it conjunctivitis...?

If so, a fat Italian friend of mine told me that he had problems with that for a long time and finally cured it by washing his eye out with baby shampoo. He said the stuff that the doctors kept giving him just seemed to irritate it more.

I'm not recommending it, or even suggesting it, just letting you know what I heard. Good luck.

The last time this happened, I got wacked in the eye with a pine limb. Most people would just have a sore eye for a little bit, but with me that sort of thing always seems to turn into some big-deal infection. I suppose I can live with that, but this is the first time it's happened during hunting season. That really is aggravating..... :blind:

Well, things are starting to improve ........ slightly. Still can't see a damned thing through the peep-sight, but I can see a little bit of difference from a few days ago.

I've got to tell you all that I am just about as ticked off as I can be. I struggled through all the crap weather, the rain, and the near hurricane winds and now that the weather has turned good, I can't even get out there. And then to add insult to injury, yesterday as I was heading out for the eye doctor, a very nice 6-point took off about 30 yards from my back door. I'm not sure, but I thought I heard him laughing as he went....... :crazy:.

You guys have a great season, and I'll be joining you all as soon as I can.

That stinks Doc, sorry to hear it. Hope it gets better soon, so you can get back in the woods.

Oh, she's just a ball of good news ...... She just couldn't help but mention that some cases of this uveitis that linger for too long are treated with an injection of steroids directly into the eyeball. I made it clear that that was not likely to happen ..... lol. I've actually got another week of eye drops before she wants to see me again. 2 drops a day for pupil dilation and 1 drop of steroids every two hours. Ever since she started talking about eyebal injections, I'm sure I have seen some instant improvements.....lol. Her best guess was another two or three weeks before it's completely fixed. I'm hoping that only part of that will be actually affecting vision to the point where I can't shoot.

By the way, ever since this happened, I've been seeing all kinds of new deer (bucks and does) wandering across my yard well within legal shooting hours. I think they have figured out that something is wrong, and they just have to stop by and rub it in.

Good things will come out of this doc!!! I broke my right collarbone on the 2nd day of the northern zone bow season and missed all of bow and have not even dared to shoot a gun.What a killer to sit on the couch during hunting season!! I didnt sit long,1 month later and having to go out and buy a little boys sidekick set at 38 pounds.With alot of help from my local archery shop.(He would pull it back and i would hold it) got it shootin darts at 20 yards i was able to go south and get a nice buck.Think positive and good things will come around!!! I cant imagine having to mess with my eye everyday!!! Good Luck!!!

Sorry to hear you're going through this.....what a drag! Drops in every two hours, even overnight? That would make for one tired guy after a short while.

No drops over night, although that would probably make it go away quicker.

Things are already starting to get better. I've seen a huge improvement ever since she mentioned sticking a needle in my eye .... lol. No seriously, most of the vision problems now are from the eye-drops themselves. The redness has almost completely disappeared. The problem is that from the other times that this has happened, I know that they want me to continue the drops quite a few days after the thing looks cleared up.