Big 8 WOUNDED

njg0621

I love it Hunters Helping Hunters. What a great thread for anyone thinking about joining the site or even considering to ask someone for some advice or help when this happens to them. Cause it happens to all of us sooner or later. What even makes it better is some of you are MODERATORS of this site. Nice real nice.

I love it Hunters Helping Hunters. What a great thread for anyone thinking about joining the site or even considering to ask someone for some advice or help when this happens to them. Cause it happens to all of us sooner or later. What even makes it better is some of you are MODERATORS of this site. Nice real nice.

I couldn't have said it better myself wdswtr!! This site would probably be the last place I would seek advice for anything. I have learned a lot from the site but it has been through reading and certainaly not through asking questions!! I have never seen a group of people that fight amongst each other like hunters do. I'm sure the OP felt bad enough about his situation then a few members of the forum feel the need to make him feel worse. All I can say about the situation is no one can ever really say for sure weather they would shoot or not shoot in any given situation unless they were actually there! If there are hunters out there that have never wounded a deer I am more than willing to bet they have never shot at many because it is just an unfortunate part of hunting, it comes with the turf. Even if we do are very best not to wound animals, mistakes happen.

• Like 1

It's like driving to work in the morning. There are people who drive the same type of car as you and listen to the same music, there's the guy on the loud motorcycle who dresses a little odd, the guy who needs to drive the $80,000 car and tailgates you, the guy who cuts you off speeds down the road just to buy a pack of cigarettes. You shake your head at them and maybe even engage them by flipping them the bird or tapping your brakes and calling them a jerk. At the end of the day I bet you if you got out of your car and had a normal conversation with them we all get along. Happy Hunting

At what point exactly, did any Moderator of this site say anything disconcerting at all? Especially about the original post. I sure dont see any of that, or any other reason for you to get uppity about anything. Please explain what I am missing here.

njg, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. I've lost deer before, and there is always a million ways to relive it, think about "coulda beens" & make yourself feel like crap. Don't listen to the negative junk on here. I believe that you did the right thing, considering that you felt that it was a marginal shot. Man, it takes a lot of balls to get on here and say that you are a better tracker than someone you have never met. I guess that having a big mouth and logging thousands of posts really makes you an "elite" hunter :king: . LMFAO Better luck next time njg.

i dont think this site is bad at all, infact i happen to think there are plenty of intelligent individuals in here. You have to step back and consider we are all from vast areas of NY with MANY different personalities who might not have the same outlooks, consider the source... I know things can get off topic rather quickly but its whats to be expected in an open forum, not to mention some things can get mixed up via messages and posts so that doesnt help either.

i dont think this site is bad at all, infact i happen to think there are plenty of intelligent individuals in here. You have to step back and consider we are all from vast areas of NY with MANY different personalities who might not have the same outlooks, consider the source... I know things can get off topic rather quickly but its whats to be expected in an open forum, not to mention some things can get mixed up via messages and posts so that doesnt help either.

Geno nailed it.

At what point exactly, did any Moderator of this site say anything disconcerting at all? Especially about the original post. I sure dont see any of that, or any other reason for you to get uppity about anything. Please explain what I am missing here.

Yeah, I guess I am kind of curious about that remark also. Was that just something weird thrown into the discussion, based on absolutely nothing for absolutely no reason, or what? ...... pretty strange stuff!

I just dont get some of the people on this site, I feel that some times that I act for like an adult at 19 years old than some of the experienced hunters on this site. I know that i have no where near the experience of hunting that some of the people on this site have, but i know that every one that has criticized this hunter has been in that exact circumstance at one point in their life and made the wrong decision. I also know that he might have gotten a little snappy at some comments that were ment to help him, but who wouldnt, he just lost a buck that he put alot of effort and time into, and i bet that just about anyone in his shoes would be the same way. I believe that this forum has gotten way out of hand and i feel that i really dont want to ask anyone on here for advice anymore because i do not want to get torn apart for a mistake i might have made, as for the time chart discussion on this, why dont you guys take that some where else it is completley off topic

time, shoot, don't shoot, it's all been answered a couple of times over. What I didn't see was a lot of advise on how to try and find him. I for one think he's still walking, but I would have also advised to call Deer Search. My sig pic is a Deer Search dog working in 6" of fresh powder, they have a great nose, and a great help to us bow hunters

Well Stalker let me say this. The chart topic had been selltled until you just brought it up again...lol. It marginally fit into the topic because the shot was affected by loss of daylight. (100% legal though). I don't want to put wordsi nto any of the other postes mouths but for me I knew the Op didn't do it on purpose...Knew he made a choice to back out that he thought was best. I have talked to him on PM to explain my comments and I know he feels like crap...we all would. I took exception to what came across in his comments as an entitlement to the shot and the statement that he had No regrets in his actions. I also didn't care for his reaction to the suggtestion that not shooting was a possibility.

Let's face it. He took the shot he felt he could have made. I don't believe there is one member out there that releases that arrow with the intention to wound a deer. And just like everyone has been saying here...bad things happen. Read the other threads..."hit a brinch I didn't see"....Deer turned as I released....on and on. For me---I would have chosen not to be in the stand at that point given the weather. I never had a problem with his choices...we all make them and we all have to live with them. Don't get twisted up and upset if someone offers a posibility other than your actions. Take the opinion...use it or discard it as you determine best for you...but learn from it. I am betting he has the dog tracking folks on speed dial on his phone now....I added a number based on these threads.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

They suck, as do their fans. Just trying to keep the thread on the right track here.

Dude I think this thread should die a painful death. And since I'm not a giant fan I won't take offense to your comments even though that was your intention.

WNY, heres the reply that you are betting you wont get. It boils down to this. You are a moderator, you directly represent this forum, when I or any member sits here and reads post after post of bantering, argueing, disagreeing, heated debate, overly opinionated what ever you would like me to call it it looks bad. There has been many times that even you mods have gone back and forth with each other over something that you disagree on. Instead of posting negative feedback that directly inpacks the OP you should have done what you did in the end and just Start the Anatomy of a deer thread. That is good info for hunters to look over and see where they made a mistake. We all make mistakes noone is perfect. Heres the thing we are all behind a computer for all we know you could have been smiling or kidding around. One thing that is lost and or not reconized is a computer is unable to reflect your personality or anyones, some simple words can and does turn the atmosphere sour real quick even though the intentions was not directed in that path. You may feel that what you have posted was not in no way offensive but it doesnt come across that way just reading plain text. Being a MOD is not an easy task one has to be careful as to their postings and wording they should not come across as offensive towards an OP they should be redirecting a topic back on course instead of feeding ,aside from daily Mod duties which I have no idea what you have access to as a mod and can change on this site. Of course you dont have to agree with an OP input is good, going on and on about back and forth with a member about anything looks bad. It just looks like I got to get the last words in BS. Im sure you will disagree and post something derogitory. Take an example from Bermjohn, he played it smart and stayed out of this, I also dont see him making statements that negatively effect a member. He also doesnt post to every thread. If something bothers you that much about an OP maybe a PM would be a better way of handling things.

Edited by wdswtr

WNY, heres the reply that you are betting you wont get. It boils down to this. You are a moderator, you directly represent this forum, when I or any member sits here and reads post after post of bantering, argueing, disagreeing, heated debate, overly opinionated what ever you would like me to call it it looks bad. There has been many times that even you mods have gone back and forth with each other over something that you disagree on. Instead of posting negative feedback that directly inpacks the OP you should have done what you did in the end and just Start the Anatomy of a deer thread. That is good info for hunters to look over and see where they made a mistake. We all make mistakes noone is perfect. Heres the thing we are all behind a computer for all we know you could have been smiling or kidding around. One thing that is lost and or not reconized is a computer is unable to reflect your personality or anyones, some simple words can and does turn the atmosphere sour real quick even though the intentions was not directed in that path. You may feel that what you have posted was not in no way offensive but it doesnt come across that way just reading plain text. Being a MOD is not an easy task one has to be careful as to their postings and wording they should not come across as offensive towards an OP they should be redirecting a topic back on course instead of feeding ,aside from daily Mod duties which I have no idea what you have access to as a mod and can change on this site. Of course you dont have to agree with an OP input is good, going on and on about back and forth with a member about anything looks bad. It just looks like I got to get the last words in BS. Im sure you will disagree and post something derogitory. Take an example from Bermjohn, he played it smart and stayed out of this, I also dont see him making statements that negatively effect a member. He also doesnt post to every thread. If something bothers you that much about an OP maybe a PM would be a better way of handling things.

So what you are saying is that you believe that because Im a moderator, that I shouldnt be allowed to disagree with someone or defend myself when being accused of basically being a poacher? Im a member here just like everyone else and enjoy participating, just like everyone else. It doesnt make the site look bad.

If you actually go back and look at what I posted in this thread, my first post was to try and help the OP out by suggesting he call Deer Search. After that, I let everything go until I couldnt take being called a poacher any longer. At that point, I posted information that cleared up the issue, and in no way was I derogatory toward anyone when I did it. I also gave my opinion on the shot in a non-accusing, polite way.

I suggest you take your own advice and PM me if you have something like this to say instead of clogging up a thread with your accusations.

• Like 1

There still is no area in the thoracic cavity that is above the lungs and below the spine. The cavity expands and contracts with the lungs. This expansion of the cavity is what moves air into and out of the lungs. No space is create in the cavity by the lungs expanding and contracting.

Not much to do with the original post other then the arrow did not hit a space that does not exist.