Robhuntandfish

how bout them apples

ive noticed this week looks like a bumper crop of apples in this area anyway.  Trees seem to be loaded even seeing some on the ground.  Early season apple trees might be a good place to snoop around. I guess apples like heat and humidity.  Prob an easy winter also helped.

Edited by Robhuntandfish

I haven't had a chance to check the apple trees at my place.  I assumed the cold snap in May would have caused problems.

My farm is loaded. Been a few ups and downs lately. My honeycrisp looked a little light but they set better than I thought. Decent crop for sure. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

We have a couple Old Apple trees that produce very little but our Pear Trees and Peach Trees are bending the branches !

Answer to No One !

Every year I say I’m gonna plant apple trees on dad’s land. I never do. By now I’d be seeing fruit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Every year I say I’m gonna plant apple trees on dad’s land. I never do. By now I’d be seeing fruit

Maybe Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Apple trees will need to be babied a little from the get go and fenced off from deer. Ive seen them chewed off right at the ground. 

• Like 1

It's his or miss in northern Columbia county.   Lots of oaks and mediocre hickory nuts.  Any client that has a black walnut, it's loaded.  Never seen a deer even sniff a BW nut.  

Edited by mowin

Winter seemed to hold on late and knocked off the blossoms this fall. 

I am located in chemung county on top of a hill.

2 miles down the road at the bottom of the hill the apples did better, but I would not say great

The apple crop is pretty dismal here in Dogpatch from what I've seen,,,,  I blame it on a late frost...

I've seen bushels falling already. They are spotty here some loaded others none..

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Very few apples here.  Might be a late frost, but we've had drought conditions for months too.  Bad combination.  I will have to check some trees on the farm when I go this weekend.  

Most of my trees are loaded with apples. And some of them are already dropping. The deer have been on them multiple times a day looking for fresh fallen. Most of my trees all drop prior to the bow opener.

My wife's family owned an apple family in Williamson, NY.  They both passed away last year and since no one wanted the farm we ended up selling it.   I'm going to miss just walk out back and getting eight different types of apples right from tree.

My horse friends are going to miss that too.

And buy apples???????  Gosh, I've never done that.