2020 Archery Harvest thread

Gencountyzeek

That photo was less than 30 minutes from the shot - went 60-80 yards - shot hit the pocket behind the left front shoulder with a G5 Havoc. Maybe congrats and move on? Pretty much the reason why I don't like posting kills here.

• Like 9

That photo was less than 30 minutes from the shot - went 60-80 yards - shot hit the pocket behind the left front shoulder with a G5 Havoc. Maybe congrats and move on? Pretty much the reason why I don't like posting kills here.

Dude it was just a question don’t get all testy... and if he looks bloated and isn’t then that is a compliment because he is one seriously fat deer. Congrats on a big bodied monster. And I don’t mean Moog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, phade said:

Stop teasing us! Surely, you took a better pic of that buck?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phade said:

Chill out dude, cant answer questions then yes don't post your kills. I dont see what was wrong with others questions. He does look very bloated. BTW great buck and congrats!!! Get a weight on that hog.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Chill out dude, cant answer questions then yes don't post your kills. I dont see what was wrong with others questions. He does look very bloated. BTW great buck and congrats!!! Get a weight on that hog.

To be fair, I wasn't planning on posting my kill however, it was clear that someone else posted that I killed and the incessant questions haven't stopped. So, in every other year, the harvest thread is NO COMMENTS, and this year, it's a free for all. I regret posting already. Can't take it back.

I killed a (relatively speaking) big deer, and people have in the following posts said  bloated, did you find it a few days later, got better pics...I was raised when someone posts a kill you say congrats and move on. Harvest bashing and questioning is bad form IMO. 

Edited by phade
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, phade said:

To be fair, I wasn't planning on posting my kill however, it was clear that someone else posted that I killed and the incessant questions haven't stopped. So, in every other year, the harvest thread is NO COMMENTS, and this year, it's a free for all. I regret posting already. Can't take it back.

Congrats

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phade said:

To be honest Phade if I shot a buck like that I would be happy to answer a million questions, but thats just me. Like someone said, he looks very bloated take it as a compliment.  I dont think there was any ill will from anyone, just curiosity.  Again congrats on a great buck!!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

How does your back feel?

Surgery went well but after two of them before I'm 40, it'll never be what it was. Working smarter not harder is now the name of the game for me. I was only cleared to start shooting mid Sept. Of course, I didn't think about it and picked up the bow and started slinging arrows and my normal draw weight and have a left shoulder issue now - probably from not doing much with it all summer and then over-exerting. Getting older is no fun, sometimes!

Edited by phade
  • Like 3

Its not too late... moderators could scrub comments and leave harvest posts.  Its great to go back at the end of the season (or during the summer) and scroll through all the deer. 
That would be lame..don't make me regret sending you those brews which hopefully have been thoroughly enjoyed

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton