2020 Archery Harvest thread

Gencountyzeek

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That would be lame..don't make me regret sending you those brews which hopefully have been thoroughly enjoyed

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Lame, maybe... selfish, definitely.  I get my hopes up when I see a notification from this thread... then I'm sad when its just a "congrats" comment.

Obviously the @The_Real_TCIII thumb injury pics would get to stay... that was part of the harvest.

As for the beers... I still have one left, but they were great.  I've had a few sour beers that weren't that good.  But a well-made sour DIPA seems to be a different beast.  Tons of flavor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Looks a bit bloated no?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Not bloated.  From the time he texted BBD to a pic was only an hour or two.  Congrats on a great buck Brad.  And my apologies for mentioning it at all even without your name associated.

• Like 2

Not bloated.  From the time he texted BBD to a pic was only an hour or two.  Congrats on a great buck Brad.  And my apologies for mentioning it at all even without your name associated.
I only say bloated just due to the angle of the picture. Doesn't really show that it's fat or bloated. Hell I don't take very good pictures but a picture of his head would do that deer much justice. Already looks like he's got insane mass. If I shot that deer I'd probably have at least 10 pictures of it posted. Maybe 2 or 3 would even be halfway decent

#WeDemandADislikeButton

13 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Lame, maybe... selfish, definitely.  I get my hopes up when I see a notification from this thread... then I'm sad when its just a "congrats" comment.

Obviously the @The_Real_TCIII thumb injury pics would get to stay... that was part of the harvest.

As for the beers... I still have one left, but they were great.  I've had a few sour beers that weren't that good.  But a well-made sour DIPA seems to be a different beast.  Tons of flavor. 

After reading the last 2 pages ,the part that upsets you is a congrats from  a member ?

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

People should be in criminal justice in this forum. Straight detectives, they are.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Can I have it if it falls off?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I actually have a human finger bone, I was going to make a neckless with it,but never got around to it .

• Like 1

I actually have a human finger bone, I was going to make a neckless with it,but never got around to it .
Idk if I should ask how you got it, but I'm going to anyways. How did you get it? One post reply then back to deer harvests.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

The group text spent many sleepless nights pondering the clues left behind ,there wasnt many.

Wasn’t part of any group text, but it was easy to figure out . Phade is the only other member that Moog knows has met my beagle ,so when he “ couldn’t confirm or deny “,  that was a definite yes as it almost always is .

That and  I’m a big believer in Occams razor .

WNYBuckHunter, Geno C, and BurmJohn have combined for the same amount of posts as Growie in 2020 (ZERO)

But Phade just said the Fword so Eddie is going to swoop in with a ban... I think he may do it very fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 3

8 pointer here in Vermont.  First deer taken at my house instead of on our family farm.  It's a 12 acre piece and I put in some food and did some work in the woods.  35 yards.  I made a  terrible shot and got lucky.  Cut the artery under the spine and got the top of one lung.  He ran 300 yards and I found ZERO blood.  It rained overnight and I was pretty upset.  Got up this morning and went walking in my rain gear.  After almost 2 hours of crisscrossing a field of tall grass and goldenrod I came across him.  I'm very thankful it worked out for me, instead of coyotes.  159 pounds.  My father-in-law will hunt here now that I'm done and I will go hunt does around the family farm.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I shot him from the ground with a leafy jacket on.

#Fromtheground

KIMG0105.jpeg

Edited by stubborn1VT
additional info
  • Like 32

2 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

8 pointer here in Vermont.  First deer taken at my house instead of on our family farm.  It's a 12 acre piece and I put in some food and did some work in the woods.  35 yards.  I made a  terrible shot and got lucky.  Cut the artery under the spine and got the top of one lung.  He ran 300 yards and I found ZERO blood.  It rained overnight and I was pretty upset.  Got up this morning and went walking in my rain gear.  After almost 2 hours of crisscrossing a field of tall grass and goldenrod I came across him.  I'm very thankful it worked out for me, instead of coyotes.  159 pounds.  My father-in-law will hunt here now that I'm done and I will go hunt does around the family farm.  Oh, I forgot to mention that I shot him from the ground with a leafy jacket on.

#Fromtheground

KIMG0105.jpeg

congrats on a nice buck! Do you think you shot high or did he drop at the shot?