We need cheering up! Lets think about this ....

Robhuntandfish

Obviously the first couple of things you'd have to do IF you won that  much money; get a super good tax attorney and literally disappear. Then you can make all the secret plans of how to spend the money w/o people knocking on your door with their hands out.

Anyone remember the old TV show, IFC called "The Millionaire". Hire someone to find people in need and help them out. While watching their lives change, all anonymously!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

After all the bad news in the world lets take a minute to dream ....... WTF are you gonna do if you win the Mega tonite???? 

Me - give most of it away to good causes, family and friends.  Have just enough to spend on some land for sale nearby (500+ acres) that I would put a log cabin on and probably never be seen again except during fishing season between bouy 107 and 109.  

How bout you??  the $2.00 is worth it just to think about it.......

For the forum members I would get - 

Turkeyfeathers - a golden ticket to every craft brewery in NY that says "I can drink all i damn want to" 

Tacks - Fly fishing lessons from Hank Patterson 

Moog - a full time expert coyote distance spotter

Treeguy - Lake Ontario

Lomax - full indoor plumbing, electric and wifi for the buckform so he never has to leave 

Pygmy - 51% ownership of Mables 

Lawd - a third buck tag every year

Biz - North American sheep slam for ewes

Dinorocks- i would take everything away that has electricity or was invented after 1950 cause you dont need it

Crappyice - unlimited snow days

Grampy - anything he wants for being such a nice guy

Otto - portable hook out kits for when we are fishing and i hurt myself again 

Bionic - Maine 

Thats just a start!  lol 

I would choose the same as you,big property,not sure where and a nice little efficient house in the middle of it. Maybe invest some money so i can live off the interest. 

5 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

After all the bad news in the world lets take a minute to dream ....... WTF are you gonna do if you win the Mega tonite???? 

Me - give most of it away to good causes, family and friends.  Have just enough to spend on some land for sale nearby (500+ acres) that I would put a log cabin on and probably never be seen again except during fishing season between bouy 107 and 109.  

How bout you??  the $2.00 is worth it just to think about it.......

For the forum members I would get - 

Turkeyfeathers - a golden ticket to every craft brewery in NY that says "I can drink all i damn want to" 

Tacks - Fly fishing lessons from Hank Patterson 

Moog - a full time expert coyote distance spotter

Treeguy - Lake Ontario

Lomax - full indoor plumbing, electric and wifi for the buckform so he never has to leave 

Pygmy - 51% ownership of Mables 

Lawd - a third buck tag every year

Biz - North American sheep slam for ewes

Dinorocks- i would take everything away that has electricity or was invented after 1950 cause you dont need it

Crappyice - unlimited snow days

Grampy - anything he wants for being such a nice guy

Otto - portable hook out kits for when we are fishing and i hurt myself again 

Bionic - Maine 

Thats just a start!  lol 

Only thing I can see is obviously wrong and most likely you just forgot..... I'm not mentioned.   I'll  forgive you of the error. 

I'd take the ewe hunts....A little bit of mutton is better than nuttin'......
I already have the boots...

Your travel ban won’t be lifted till 2030 I thought? By then you’ll be 118 years old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 2

If I played and won, I would hire the best doctors to heal my wife, so I could see her really smile again.

Then I would try to heal all of my family and friends that have medical issues.

I would donate a large sum to the vets and children's hospitals.

I would spend a very large sum to hire the best attorney's to get Cuomo locked up and then help elect a governor with a brain to run this state.

Knowing NY would be on the right track, I wouldn't feel bad while traveling the world seeing sites with my healthy wife, family and friends.

After that, I'd sit back and take a breather.

Good luck to all who played.

A friend of mine says he would invest on this and start a business doing that....I wouldn't do any of that.  Even after giving away most all of it , it would still be more than I could ever spend.  And I don't want employees or regulations to jump through or a business to try and run, I mostly don't want to be bothered.  Land to hunt, house setup I want, garage and access to the lake.  A couple of trips every year to get out of the winter to different spots.  

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Only thing I can see is obviously wrong and most likely you just forgot..... I'm not mentioned.   I'll  forgive you of the error. 

You would have to become the official forum BBQ tech and this being a 24/7 need you would have to get enough $ to ensure you wouldn't have to work!  Lol

Also have to add in would buy back "the hole" for Fletch so he can keep hunting there!  

And start a nice scholarship program at the academy. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

True lotto story from work . A guy aways plays the same numbers, based on birthdays , his wife calls him,  his numbers hit ! It was a three million dollar prize ( this was 30 some years ago ). 

He says he’s buying the guys ( 4 including him )  steak and lobster for dinner on the night trick !

Well turns out that by playing birthdates , when they hit MANY others have picked the same numbers . Right ? There’s only 12 months so 1-12 are picked a lot same as days 1-31 .

So turns out there was 30 some winners and he will get 60k  not 3 million . At the time still close to two years pay though , the cheap bastard bought the guys a pizza.....

After I bought enough land to only see people when I want to, I'd use a substantial portion of it to screw with the people in my life. 

I'd create a trust to make an annual donation to the NRA/GOA in my anti-gun mother-in-law's name.  It would be complete with a statement and thank you card mailed to her every year. I'd also pay someone to put something slightly sticky on her door knob every morning.  Not overly sticky. Just enough to be annoying.

I'd buy a small chunk of land next to my dad's house, erect a billboard, and put "Trump 4 Ever" in 8-foot red letters. It would have flood lights so he can see it at night. I'd also pay a cop to follow him any time he leaves the house and pull him over the second he goes 31 in a 30. They will always take a while to run his license and registration and then remind him how lucky he is to get a warning. 

I'd hire Randy Newman to follow my sister and sing about what is doing as she does it. 

I'm a simple man.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Caveman said:

After I bought enough land to only see people when I want to, I'd use a substantial portion of it to screw with the people in my life. 

I'd create a trust to make an annual donation to the NRA/GOA in my anti-gun mother-in-law's name.  It would be complete with a statement and thank you card mailed to her every year. I'd also pay someone to put something slightly sticky on her door knob every morning.  Not overly sticky. Just enough to be annoying.

I'd buy a small chunk of land next to my dad's house, erect a billboard, and put "Trump 4 Ever" in 8-foot red letters. It would have flood lights so he can see it at night. I'd also pay a cop to follow him any time he leaves the house and pull him over the second he goes 31 in a 30. They will always take a while to run his license and registration and then remind him how lucky he is to get a warning. 

I'd hire Randy Newman to follow my sister and sing about what is doing as she does it. 

I'm a simple man.

Now we're talking.

I'm torn between following Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged, who once he discovered that immortality wasn't all it was cracked up to be, set about personally insulting every being in the universe (smaller scale, of course), or blowing it on loose cars and fast women until after a lengthy police chase I'm taken out on top of an oil refinery screaming "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" like Cody Jarrett. 

Or invest it wisely.