Maybe some hope

The political machine is so corrupt in nys I doubt anything will happen and in a year nyc will forget all about what happened and reelect him

Add to that a completely milk toast republican that no one has herd of will run against him but the party won’t be organized enough to get anything going until mid August of 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Add to that a completely milk toast republican that no one has herd of will run against him but the party won’t be organized enough to get anything going until mid August of 2022.

Caspar Milquetoast was a comic strip character created in 1924 by the American cartoonist Harold T. Webster. The strip, called "The Timid Soul," ran every Sunday in the New York Herald Tribune for many years. 

~~~

Definition of milquetoast (Entry 2 of 2)

1: of a person : timid, meek, or unassertive. Do we really want a someone who is a milquetoast halfhearted candidate or someone who will defend the Constitution with every fiber of her being?— Dana B. Orr

2: lacking in character or vigor : WISHY-WASHY… after declining multiple opportunities to comment during the reporting of the story, he finally produced a most milquetoast statement Friday.— Jerry Brewer

I think they know it's not worth the time and money to run against him. He's governor for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

We had a chance with Astorino but upstate didn't get out to vote.  3.5 million people voted total!   Cuomo won by 500k.  Where was everyone?

• Like 1

We had a chance with Astorino but upstate didn't get out to vote.  3.5 million people voted total!   Cuomo won by 500k.  Where was everyone?
Probably everyone that was smart already moved out of the state

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Probably everyone that was smart already moved out of the state

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Even if more people voted in upstate ny it wouldnt have mattered with all the votes coming out of nyc the majority of upstate ny voted for astorino 

20210219_111343.jpg

Edited by silent death

Even if more people voted in upstate ny it wouldnt have mattered with all the votes coming out of nyc the majority of upstate ny voted for astorino 
I know. The biggest issue is that only a fraction of the eligible voting population ever actually votes for the governor. If we had say 85% eligible that actually voted and he still won then so be it. But the numbers that do actually vote are pitiful

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

I know. The biggest issue is that only a fraction of the eligible voting population ever actually votes for the governor. If we had say 85% eligible that actually voted and he still won then so be it. But the numbers that do actually vote are pitiful

#WeDemandADislikeButton

When it comes to politics it's all a shit show it's all about who's got $$$

• Like 1

20210219_111343.thumb.jpg.fb0d160a5f715a3916ea3f8c2e3fac70.jpg

He’s a prime example, no one knew who he was until a month before the election. There was no movement to get behind him.

My hope is stefanic declares she running against Andy within the next 6months. That gives her time to get out there and get the recognition a republican needs to have a shot against the “king.”

• Like 3

2 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

My feelings exactly. 

Astorino's campaign was the first political campaign I ever contributed to. Still follow him on Facebook. I like his ideas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, silent death said:

20210219_111343.jpg

I was citing 2014.  The article you posted is 2018. 

2014 Cuomo won by 500k.  He got 2 million votes total! NYC did not carry the election by any means. Upstate dropped the ball on this one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Time for upstate tp secede from NYC, methinks!!

BTW, Silentdeath: Love the Screenname; its killer (literally)!! :laugh:

Already discussed this in another thread.  Tread lightly because you might actually get what you wish for.  Two blue states.   Nobody from upstate will get out to vote for governor when the popular vote decides who wins. With that being said nothing makes me believe they will get out to vote in order to make a difference in swaying the already blue areas of the state.  

14 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

My feelings exactly. 

Astorino's campaign was the first political campaign I ever contributed to. Still follow him on Facebook. I like his ideas.

And to piggyback off of this.  Astorino is a downstate guy. Westchester county exec at the time.  He already had the votes from down here that got him elected (most likely had those votes).  It should have been a layup. 

47 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

He’s a prime example, no one knew who he was until a month before the election. There was no movement to get behind him.

My hope is stefanic declares she running against Andy within the next 6months. That gives her time to get out there and get the recognition a republican needs to have a shot against the “king.”

Trouble with the last King Andy elections, was a relative no name candidate was run against him by the republicans. If someone with the state wide name recognition of Elise Stefanic, were to declare early enough, and got the financial backing necessary. She could very well induce enough upstate support, to have voters get out and actually vote!! 

If ever there was a good time to overthrow the dictatorship of Cuomo it is now! Suffice to say, his ambition to become POTUS is now down the crapper, with this so called "oversight"........

So all is not lost.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Already discussed this in another thread.  Tread lightly because you might actually get what you wish for.  Two blue states.   Nobody from upstate will get out to vote for governor when the popular vote decides who wins. With that being said nothing makes me believe they will get out to vote in order to make a difference in swaying the already blue areas of the state.  

That would be a good thing for upstate IMHO

18 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

That would be a good thing for upstate IMHO

Which part?  Having the potential of two blue states?  The major upstate cities would make the state go blue, unless that’s what your gunning for.

Upstate NY republicans/conservatives don’t get out and vote.  Hence why cuomo keeps winning.