Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

I had mice chew through the weather stripping on the bottom of the garage door,didn’t repair it and now it’s an entrance for finches to come in to a nest they built inside an attached garage .

Edited by WNYTRPR

12 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Go get him!!!  Seem the Big Ol Birds are starting to Gobble pretty good after hearing ZIP on May 1st. I also heard  ZIP on April 26th-- the New Jersey opening  day.

2.20am right now and ,I  am getting my stuff together  to be parked somewhere by 4am or so.

Yes Sir. They're on the move again. Had one going off and called him to 50 yards behind my blind. He shut up and moved along. Something spooked him.

• Like 1

Sat in the corner of a field this morning from 5:00-6:30 without hearing or seeing a thing. No surprise, as I haven't seen or heard a thing yet all season! I really wanted to get home to wash and wax my truck and clean the inside, as I haven't cleaned it since muzzleloader season closed. Before I left, I hung 2 new cell cams that I received yesterday near the blind to test them out. At 7:39am, less than an hour after I left, I got a new pic notification of pic of a tom walking past my blind!! I grumbled, but kept washing the truck! At 9:30am, I got another notification of a new cell pic and either the same tom or a different one was walking past my blind AGAIN!! WTF!! Oh well, at least I have a shiny truck... :pardon:

SYFW0038.jpg

SYFW0047.jpg

I had a pic of a tom yesterday morning exiting my yard at 7:30am, that was only ~100 yards from where this tom was at in front of my blind, so I'm taking my son to the blind tomorrow, hoping the tom will continue with his pattern from the past couple of days. Hopefully I can call him in for my son...

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

If, I  were you,I  would be there tomorrow  and force myself to stay till 10am even if that includes a Nap.

Get Him!

Why not stick it out till noon? 

Make a bunch of calls then just stash the calls no matter how tempted you get.  That bird could be really call shy........or just afraid of his own shadow, hence the showing up after you packed it in.

Luck to you!

Hunt #3

All sorts of great action early, but my milkshake did not bring all the boys to the yard.

A fun hunt already and I’ll probably move soon. Learning more about this property now on my second sit. Personal opinion, but I think learning a property for turkey is harder than deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hunt #3

All sorts of great action early, but my milkshake did not bring all the boys to the yard.

A fun hunt already and I’ll probably move soon. Learning more about this property now on my second sit. Personal opinion, but I think learning a property for turkey is harder than deer.

Youve got birds, now its a war of attrition lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

First morning I’ve heard gobbling! They gobbled from 5:15-5:45, but nothing since. The bad part is nothing close and all on property I don’t have permission to hunt. Hoping something will head our way...

• Like 1

Youve got birds, now its a war of attrition lol

I need to get more serious about becoming a better caller. I’m average at best and just need to really commit to getting better at purs and softer yelps.

Well I don’t feel so bad now, the gobbler to my west has gobbled on and off for 2 hours and now I hear a hen with him. Can’t beat the real thing.

I "finished" my tom with the slate by my side, just lightly purring. I can use a diaphragm call but not softly

• Like 2

I got up yesterday and went to Farmersville to hunt at a friends property. He says they have been roosting right behind his house for days. I never heard a bird! as I was leaving he admits that he heard birds every morning all week except Friday! Don' know where they went but they are not there! I have been to 3 different properties in last 2 weeks and haven't heard a gobble. I know there is always a gobbling low point but it's just real frustrating. I can't get up every day at 3:30 to hunt like I used to? It takes too much out of me. I'm thinking I may take up fishing! LOL

• Sad 1

A real good morning action wise. Crept on a field on the way out to see 2 toms and 2 hens. They caught enough movement to skeet out of there, but not fast. Typical mid-May form.

I might have 1 or 2 more in me. And at least one with the boys. Tries a nap and it didn’t happen. 4am wake ups just crush me haha. Now on to another 5 days of baseball and work.

Was doing some yard work and heard some gobbling down on the other side of the creek ,grabbed my call and bow and did some lite calling .Had some gobbling back at me ,then the hen started to talk back to me ,that went back and forth for 10 minutes thinking maybe the hen would fly back across the creek to me bringing her boyfriend ,but no show .all the while I had another hen having a dust bath in the neighbors yard .I’ll probably set up across the creek tmrw morning .

What a morning.  Got pinned by hens as 2 gobblers approaching from basically same direction as merged together . Both birds henned up and shut down for 20 minutes or so. Semi hit jack brakes and one gobbled again. Went to very soft purrs around side of leg and mostly scratching leaves . Tag #2 punched. Now Samantha comes home this week so hoping to finally get her on her first ever. 3.5” tss 7’s absolutely flatten birds. Stock 2 year old 

92EB6716-F8C2-4818-9B6C-9B2FAA64C33D.jpeg

7D24227D-028B-487E-9A5D-ECFF7A5F6BDE.jpeg

8C85CBD9-F371-4D05-BDC0-7EF34316FA30.jpeg

6FCE22B0-30C9-4DC6-80CC-2C852225B063.jpeg

• Like 37

11 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

What a morning.  Got pinned by hens as 2 gobblers approaching from basically same direction as merged together . Both birds henned up and shut down for 20 minutes or so. Semi hit jack brakes and one gobbled again. Went to very soft purrs around side of leg and mostly scratching leaves . Tag #2 punched. Now Samantha comes home this week so hoping to finally get her on her first ever. 3.5” tss 7’s absolutely flatten birds. Stock 2 year old 

92EB6716-F8C2-4818-9B6C-9B2FAA64C33D.jpeg

7D24227D-028B-487E-9A5D-ECFF7A5F6BDE.jpeg

8C85CBD9-F371-4D05-BDC0-7EF34316FA30.jpeg

6FCE22B0-30C9-4DC6-80CC-2C852225B063.jpeg

You da man Jay!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Congrats Jay!

• Like 1