So if this happens and you see it ...

luberhill

You go to a decent sit down restaurant with your wife . A guy , wife, daughter ? about 12, and a little girl about 6.

The little girl was fussing like a child does when they are tired . The father , acting like a white thrash lowlife , starts yelling and threatening the little girl that if she doesn’t stop she is going to get “ smacked in the face “.

More threats , turning it up a notch grabbing her, then a smack in the face.

My wife , who is already physically upset at the treatment , jumps up and goes over crying and asks the dude “ please stop , she’s a little girl , she can come sit with us “.

Then it’s my turn ... He sat back down when I went over and nicely asked him to pls tone it down , reminded him where we were.

He proceeded to tell me “ I’m the father and you have no idea the little bitch she has been today “

I said , can you just pls try to speak calmly .

He said “ what I’m going to do is smack her in the face again if she doesn’t stop “

So ,,, I said , “ that’s not a good idea , and if you do that, I’m going to smack you in the face and you are not going to enjoy it “

So he jumps up and says “ do you want to take this outside “ further acting like a lowlife.

About that time another dude comes over ... I’m really trying to scale it down and this other guy says to the lowlife “ hey many knock it off”

Im friends with the owner and the lowlife is not a regular customer .

I assume the owner is getting ready to call the police ...

The guy sits down , then the whole family gets up and leaves without ordering.

I apologized to the owner and the other customers all came over and thanked me for stepping in ..

In hind site , I probably should have called the police but thought it may make it harder in the little girl ...

But maybe I already did .

Hitting a little girl in the face was more than I could take ...

I usually walk away from trouble but I couldn’t just turn my head ...

I control my temper very well but if he ended up outside with me it probably wouldn’t have ended up good ..

Not that it did ...

My wife is blaming herself for going over ...

I’m sure this isn’t the first time he has hit her nor will it be the last .

And all the while the mother never said a word ....

• Like 1

Your wife and yourself should be commended for letting that ass hat leave the restaurant on his own accord.

While I don't condone fighting, I do condone sticking up for the helpless.

That dude is very lucky that you and your wife were there, as It would've ended very badly for him if someone with less restraint was in your position, especially after he stood up.

On a side note, I would've gotten their license plate, as you know that if he's not afraid to hit her in public, the abuse is probably much worse at home.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

Your wife and yourself should be commended for letting that ass hat leave the restaurant on his own accord.

While I don't condone fighting, I do condone sticking up for the helpless.

That dude is very lucky that you and your wife were there, as It would've ended very badly for him if someone with less restraint was in your position, especially after he stood up.

On a side note, I would've gotten their license plate, as you know that if he's not afraid to hit her in public, the abuse is probably much worse at home.

I wished I had ... thought maybe the owner would know him , but he said he’s never been there before 

4 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Problem is  little girl is going to get it when she gets home . Good for you standing up for her.  Mom that won't defend her own child shouldn't be allowed  to have kids .

Yea agree .. and if we had called the police it probably would have been even worse .

Wish I knew his name and where he lived ..

You witnessed an assault on a child. The authorities should have been called. DSS likely would have got involved. Perhaps helping that girl?

Anyone who hits a child in the face is an abuser, plain and simple. And that guy was no man, he's a coward.

Getting physical with scum like that, in a restaurant situation only makes a good guy wrong, when the authorities could have, and should have been called. If you messed that guy up, outside, he could have legally sued you.

This mamby pamby world we live in now is nuts.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This sounds like a scene from a movie. Its a tough call. If you saw someone spank their child you probably wouldn't consider alerting authorities but if he smacked that child in the face I'm not sure what I'd do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea a swat on the butt wouldn’t really raise a flag,but the constant threats and the smack in the mouth to a little girl ....

Im really starting to hate people

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grampy said:

You witnessed an assault on a child. The authorities should have been called. DSS likely would have got involved. Perhaps helping that girl?

Anyone who hits a child in the face is an abuser, plain and simple. And that guy was no man, he's a coward.

Getting physical with scum like that, in a restaurant situation only makes a good guy wrong, when the authorities could have, and should have been called. If you messed that guy up, outside, he could have legally sued you.

Agree .. I always seem to think of that after the fact

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grampy said:

And the red flag laws just make that shit worse . If he did step in and stop the guy

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grampy said:

I’m in the process of tracking him down .. then I will alert authorities as to what happened .

I have 11 witnesses as well as the owner ...

m

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jperch said:

That is just an awful situation.  If that guy was comfortable slapping his little girl in the face in a public restaurant imagine what he does in the privacy of his own home.  So sad for the little girl. 

Yea I’m still sick to my stomach , my wife wanted to have her come sit with us ...

Its a fine line to have to walk getting involved .,,that guy needs a serious wake up call ...

Tough guy hitting little girls