Power out.

wolc123

Ours went out at 4:06 pm.  Wife called power company and they said 1000 are out in the area.  I see a line down along the road in front of our house.

I am going to wait until 6:00 to start the generator.  One cord to the sump pump, one to the freezer and one to the house for a light.  We have a wood stove for heat and enough gas for a week or so if needed.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Wind is ripping here!!!!been without power since 445pm(ish).local news reporting 17,000 without power in my county(monroe).good thing I bought a 30 rack of genny light @wolc123.going to be a long night and even longer tomorrow as ive got a couple texts from people i know to cut tree's up!

I just had a 12 horse with dinner.  At least the temp is supposed to drop so I can use our insulated garage as a big refrigerator.  

Wife and I had a nice romantic dinner with an oil lamp.  I brought a bunch of extension cords into the garage while it was still daylight.  I guess it’s time to wheel up the generator and fire it up.

30 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Wind is ripping here!!!!been without power since 445pm(ish).local news reporting 17,000 without power in my county(monroe).good thing I bought a 30 rack of genny light @wolc123.going to be a long night and even longer tomorrow as ive got a couple texts from people i know to cut tree's up!

I'm close to rt63-36. So not that far from you, I think you said you were Scottsville? House dog is on full alert,  Lol. Garbage can flipped and landed at my car. 

I'm ok with trees coming down so I won't have to pay someone to cut them, as long as the one doesn't land on dog kennel

20 minutes ago, Paula said:

I'm close to rt63-36. So not that far from you, I think you said you were Scottsville? House dog is on full alert,  Lol. Garbage can flipped and landed at my car. 

I'm ok with trees coming down so I won't have to pay someone to cut them, as long as the one doesn't land on dog kennel

Was in Scottsville 3 years ago.moved to spencerport 2 years ago.the last windstorm with no power was in scottsville,lasted a few days

Just now, ncountry said:

Shush. You jinxed me.lol.

My power just went out. And dang if my phone is not close to dead from playing on it all afternoon in the woods. 

Sorry bro, but I enjoy the solitude of an outage . The Mrs and I playing gin in the glow of an oil lamp ( although she cheats and still loses ) I guess  I’m Just an old romantic ! 

I can wait a bit as she’s making me shrimp scampi right now ….

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Sorry bro, but I enjoy the solitude of an outage . The Mrs and I playing gin in the glow of an oil lamp ( although she cheats and still loses ) I guess  I’m Just an old romantic ! 

Well , my gf is still out with friends. So it's just the kid and I. And 2 stupid dogs. The  puppy , well she's a little over a year old, won't get off my lap , she's scared.;)

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

I just had a 12 horse with dinner.  At least the temp is supposed to drop so I can use our insulated garage as a big refrigerator.  

Wife and I had a nice romantic dinner with an oil lamp.  I brought a bunch of extension cords into the garage while it was still daylight.  I guess it’s time to wheel up the generator and fire it up.

We’re at my in-laws for dinner.  Crushing some 12 horse’s here too. 

AD256E76-38C2-431C-9575-99431DCD609E.jpeg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Everyone in my house freaks.i kind of enjoy it.its the only quiet without the damn TV going 24/7.amazon just delivered packages so wrapping gifts.crazy bastids!!!!

• Like 1