1st Sewing Project

1 hour ago, Paula said:

Looks good, is it light weight? Do you swish when you walk?

Thanks. They're definitely 5 footers. Up close you can see imperfections and workarounds due to the layering being too thick for the machine to handle.

Not lightweight. Have since waxed them making them heavier and stiffer. Had to wash multiple times to remove the excessive wax I applied.

Post waxing they lack breathability.

They did swish a lot due to the legs being too baggy. I have since removed material in the inner thigh and along the outer leg seams making them much better in the noise department.

I intended to make another set with lightweight goretex type material but already own a similar military surplus setup. So these will mostly be used for other stuff, shoveling, sledding, ice fishing, etc.

Overall not really great or even good for what I originally intended but it was a good learning experience. Next I plan on sewing a barn jacket from similar material and a fleece sweater with pouch.

The patterns were Green Pepper Coast Range Anorak and Twig and Tale Rainhaven Overalls.

126cover_1200x.jpg

carousel_large_image_cf1556d5.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I'm with Rob. Great Job! I wouldn't even attempt it!

Easier than it looks. Time consuming as everything was done at half speed. Played around with scrap material trying out all the different stitches and options on the machine, then started.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...