Summer Projects Done?

Lawdwaz

I had a couple bigger projects (hey, "bigger" is relative to the person!) I wanted to get done.  One was rebuilding the doors on my shed and then painting the entire structure.  The other was power washing and staining the deck.

I'm happy to say both chores are done!  A couple days ago I was thinking about another project I'd like to get done but for the life of me I can't remember what it was?!?!   I have one more bigger thing but need to talk with my Habitat For Humanity free worker neighbor Tim M on that one.  He's a member here and hopefully he's reading this................... :)

How about you guys/gals, how is your list coming?

Mine is not coming along too well...Or rather,  THE MERMAID'S list is not coming along too well... She reminded me again this morning of all the stuff she wanted to get done this summer that HASN'T happened...

And here I am, ready to shift gears into HUNTING mode....<<SIGH>>.....

• Like 1

Just started on my list from last year projects. I am getting tied of emptying the rain pails in the living room. For this reason,  I sure hope it gets cold snows soon, LOL.  

They tell me September and October are the busiest home improvement months of the year. Guess, I'll add to the number.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Not too great. I finished the flagstone walkway & the patio. I've still gotta re point the chimney because bricks are about to start falling out. Also, I've got to form and pour a new cover for the septic tank at camp, because the existing one is about to fall in. This weekend, we're installing a new & bigger koi pond for her, which I'm not sure we'll be able to finish today. All my stands are up, but I still need to trim a couple of them and cut trails into a couple more. Junior wants to get a couple weekends of squirrel hunting in before archery starts, so I gotta get this stuff done soon.

complete tear down and rebuild of front porch -  almost done doing ceiling and trim work now

done with applying mortar to my stone basement walls and wife finished painting yesterday 

still need to do a new roof on shed and pour slab for my fuel oil tank for my garage I should have them done before archery starts...

Let's see over the next two weeks I have to , install hardwood in family room ( it's delivered this tues), power wash and stain the house, sand prime and paint some window trim.

Wash windows, weed the mulch again .... All 14 yards of it,

The boat and pool will be closed in October .

I still have three hang on's to put up , hopefully this wed.

Oh I guess I should buy a lic. and tags too sometime.

All in all only a few days work.

I lost the use of my hunting property after last season so had to find a new place.

My own personal project was to get my stand up today, I have to go back tomorrow to hang cameras and a few other things. Hoping to get a new roof at the end of September.

Edited by Paula

Finally was able to do some more work on my woodshed after a 3 week delay from my illness. Had my brother, son, and neighbor's kid do the heavy stuff while i did the measuring and cutting. Still not finished though. Have 3 cords of wood split and waiting for delivery sitting at my in-laws. Hopefully by next weekend it will be done if I do not head up to the house.

My list is about 3 years long.  I guess that comes with buying a forclosure.  I'll keep going until the snow flies.  I might hunt in the mornings before work and saw firewood on Saturdays (helps to keep the trespassers out)

Here is the highlight from this summer

post-3937-0-03355400-1440979843_thumb.jppost-3937-0-01387700-1440980394_thumb.jppost-3937-0-58692600-1440979181_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Still have to scrape and paint all of the exterior trim around the Windows and take care of the upper porch we had water come in during the bad rain storm the first week of June.

Also I went scouting today I took 3 stands with me and I had some good spots in mind but some one best me to all of the spots I couldn't tell if the stands have been there since last year or were hung this year.

I only ever see 2 other vehicles at this stage land during bow season they could be fun stands. I scouted for almost 5 hrs I can't across way more bear sign then I did deer sign which isn't unusual for me over here. There was bear scat all over the state land.

There is no such thing as being finished with my summer job list. New items get added to the list before the old ones are completed. But I did get one big job completed. A new steel roof on the barn. new sheathing on the exterior walls. Repainted the whole thing.

Need to clear off old concrete pad corner of back yard, also involves getting rid of an old car & killing off vines & cap growing around it. Pad might be in rough shape but I can deal with that. It's flat where I can install a steel shed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have to jack my shed up because it sank a bit last year over the winter and the door is slightly misaligned. Summer is running out quickly. I'm still relaxing after a huge indoor project in the spring.

Was going to grudgingly extend my deck this year but the building inspector flaked on me one day when we had a meeting scheduled and I eagerly took that as a sign that it wasn't a project I should do this year anyway :D