New Lease Buck

nyfur

post-234-0-28671200-1342839285_thumb.jpg

GOING TO CHECK CAMERAS TOMORROW... SEEN AT LEAST HALF DOZEN SHOOTERS... THIS IS THE FIRST ONE ON CAMERA.... HE'S ON THE "HIT LIST"

Nice buck. Just an FYI, more than one guy got tickets from DEC last year for posting pics of bait piles on the internet. It was all spelled out on a couple of the lists of tickets handed out.

• Like 1

I have to say I have had more than one salesman in a store tell me the bait, rocks or Cmere Deer is just to pattern deer to a certain area but not for shooting over. When I tell them that is BS and it's illegal to bait anytime and they are giving their customers bad advice, they reply but it's not illegal to sell it. I wish it was and more of these a**holes got the tickets as well.

You better clean that ground up real good before hunting season.The were a lot of people that got fines for that around here last year.Even though you cannot see any on the ground the deer will keep coming back to the same spots looking for more feed.

You better clean that ground up real good before hunting season.The were a lot of people that got fines for that around here last year.Even though you cannot see any on the ground the deer will keep coming back to the same spots looking for more feed.

It's just as illegal now as it is hunting season. Only difference is that he'll get more tickets then as compared to now.

It's unsportsmanlike. Takes all of the skill out of the hunt. Takes unfair advantage. Any boob can shoot deer over bait there is no accomplishment associated with it.

you say that but yet it is acceptable in other states. are we only state that it is illegal?

I am well aware that it's ilegal to bait in season as well as out of season. I do believe that it gives hunters an unfair advantage during the season, however, my question is how is it that the DEC officers are aware of the baiting you spoke of. Do they walk people's property or do they go based on tips of neighbors that trespass and walk people's property without permission?