Not if but when - You will get Covid

suburbanfarmer

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Well I finally got the vid ! Loading the camper yesterday mrs nomad said she’s getting a cold, I said ya my allergies are kicking in to . To be safe we took our temps , normal.

So we went set up went for a walk then my energy dropped and some body aches kicked in . Rough night I didn’t sleep much ….

Got up at9:30 feeling much better, but I took a test anyway , positive. 

Only signs or symptoms today are my energy level is down a small amount .

heading to the beach and will hike later 

pic from our campsite 

1850A25B-FA5E-499E-BF72-71EEE749EA37.jpeg

Hoping it's just a minor inconvenience Larry. And that you and the Mrs. enjoy the camping trip!

• Like 1

@Nomad Hydrate and space out your vitamin D3 and C with separate meals so you don’t Piss them right back out. More is not better. Take the recommended amounts. And get outside and walk around. You should probably skip a week or two from lifting weights to play it safe with the heart. Good luck!

• Like 1

One J&j shot one booster . Over a dozen retirement parties , massless of 100- 150 guys through the thick of it .

Then out of the blue wham , day two and it’s honestly a little tiring that’s it . Going up to shower now then cook over a campfire .

here I am quarantining and getting vitamin D

EF1A6B48-569A-4092-88FA-8AAF71C2E243.jpeg

One J&j shot one booster . Over a dozen retirement parties , massless of 100- 150 guys through the thick of it .
Then out of the blue wham , day two and it’s honestly a little tiring that’s it . Going up to shower now then cook over a campfire .
EF1A6B48-569A-4092-88FA-8AAF71C2E243.thumb.jpeg.9aef3995e7a51db9cb5bc90cd4434291.jpeg

What beach? Smith point ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Nomad said:

EF1A6B48-569A-4092-88FA-8AAF71C2E243.jpeg

About damn time you stopped holding out and just got the damn virus!

• Like 1

Wife tested positive last week.  Low grade fever, annoying cough and very tired.  She hasn't missed a day of work. Yes, she's working from home.  I haven't had a sniffle.  

No jabs for either of us. 2/3rds of her department are out. 4 are hospitalized. Those 4 are vaxed and boosted.  

• Sad 1

On 6/15/2022 at 9:10 PM, johnplav said:

No one cares about you @Nomad… how’s the Mrs. doing? 

She has basically a cold, which considering she has two risk factors , age and compromised lungs is pretty good  . I was mostly tired , like coming off a busy night trick, oh and achy the first day . Today I’ll cut the grass ,wash the cars and float in the pool .

The beach is Fair Haven State park ,that’s Lake Ontario we don’t need no sticking ocean . We were camping during this 

• Like 3

My brother caught it the same day as Fauci - I asked him whether there's something he wants to tell me lol. The wife and I are still waiting, but assume that it will eventually hit us. The daughter got it during finals week of her junior year of college, so that sucked; she was down for 4-5 days. I think it's safe to say at this point that it really is similar to a bad cold or the flu. Now we keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't mutate in the wrong direction, however unlikely that may be. 

I'm glad to hear that all who've got it recently seem to be faring decent. Nomad, was that you in the leopard skin Speedo I saw last weekend? I have one just like it.

• Like 3

I do like animal skin prints  , but on females . My suits are loud though and are all stretched out from the hot tub chlorine, so they tend to hang low or fall off . I enjoy wearing them shirtless and watering the lawn as neighbors come home from work . 

oh and at three full days I feel 100% right now ! Sadly I’m Missing a retirement party tonight  for two classmates, one made it to battalion Chief the other Capt . Didn’t want to risk it , really sad . 

She has basically a cold, which considering she has two risk factors , age and compromised lungs is pretty good  . I was mostly tired , like coming off a busy night trick, oh and achy the first day . Today I’ll cut the grass ,wash the cars and float in the pool .
The beach is Fair Haven State park ,that’s Lake Ontario we don’t need no sticking ocean . We were camping during this 

Ah got ya… I asked because smith point beach has a campground great place if you wanna take a ride to the island. Glad you are both doing ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So we cancelled the kids coming over for Fathers Day . Even though we didn’t have fevers , symptoms were mild and we’re just past the quarantine period . 

Oldest is in a wedding next week and her fiancé is in an EMT class, as he took the County Fire test and you have to have your EMT prior to getting hired. Just couldn’t risk them getting it here and missing class and the wedding .

Youngest is coming, she wants Zweigles on the grill lol .

• Like 1

That sucks! Have a great Father's Day, regardless. My daughter met me at one of the properties this morning and we spend three hours with chainsaw and forest clearing saw, hacking the jungle back from the ATV trails. That's the kind of father's day gift I appreciate!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’ve worked in the hospital 45-50 hrs a week since the pandemic started without catching the Rona.  Well my son picked it up at daycare and now all 4 of us have it.  Luckily symptoms aren’t too bad.   Cancelled all plans for the weekend and we’ll spend it at home together.  Lots of hydrating per Dr. Biz.  Cheers!

30AE0B81-D056-436D-9710-A7138E2509B0.jpeg

• Like 3