Not if but when - You will get Covid

suburbanfarmer

Since the beginning of the Pandemic , I have had exposure to 100% positive cases and walked away luckily. This was before the shots..early 2020 and then November of 2020. Even shared food and utensils but didnt get Covid.

Then came the vaccines and finally boosters. Not an anti-vaxxer so myself including family got our shots.

Long story short, Wed April 6-2022, I was tested positive and by the next day the whole family was confirmed with Covid. A total of 6 of us in the household and there are different group of symptoms amongst us. The only single common symptom is Cough and Upper respiratory infection.

Here are the variances by case count out of 6: (Age group 9yr to 50yrs) using abcdef as identifiers for family members

Unable to breath/choking - 2 (a,b)

Loss of Smell _ 1 (a)

Loss of taste _ 3 (b,e,f)

Chills and Fever _  1 b

Aphthous ulcers _  1 a

Painfully Sore throat _ 2 (a,e)

Fatigue _ 3 (a,c,e)

Ear Ache _ 2 a,f

Tremors _ 4 (b,d,e,f)

Cold sweats _ 2 a,c

Tachycardia - 1 a

Low BP - 1 b

So there it is folks...different symptoms and effects with in the same family.. Doctors dont know why or how or if they ever will.

Now comes the weirder part. Our "quarantine" ends tomorrow due to start time of symptoms' but I can guarantee it we are all carrying and and transmitting if we leave the house. There is no need to till tuesday anyways.

Good Luck to you all and stay safe please. I wouldn't want this wished upon anyone. 

Edited by suburbanfarmer

Thx

Yes, they are calling it BA2 sub variant that bypasses the vax and boosters but those help with keeping the symptoms controllable.

2 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Hope everyone in your family recovers swiftly S F .  There has been many recent cases around here also. And the overwhelming majority who are getting it, like 25 to 1 , are fully vaxed

Edited by suburbanfarmer

We just got over our second bout with covid this past week. 1st bout for our kids. Felt like crap head ache body aches ear aches. Coughing runny nose. Didn't lose taste or smell this time. Severe neck pain from swollen glands. Though it was just a cold. Our son tested positive first then me and wife took at home tests both positive then other son positive next day. Wife could barely get off couch. We're all off quarantine now. There's no contact tracing no calls from health department. Just do the right thing and stay home is all. Hope you feel better.

• Like 1

Praying for your families quick recovery.   23 % of our workforce was out with it last week, which was by far the highest percentage that we have seen since the start.  

So far, my own family has not had any serious Covid troubles.  My wife tested positive on a home test once, a couple months ago, but had no real visible symptoms. Our older daughter, who is away at college, supposedly had it before Christmas but had no symptoms.  

Our younger daughter had a high fever shortly after her sister came home for Christmas break and I had a cough, so we both went for PCR tests then, which came out negative.  She got a high fever again in February, after my wife had her positive in-home test, and I had the cough again.  We both went for PCR tests again then, which again came out negative.

I missed just one day of work that last time, while I awaited PCR test results.  We have all been vaccinated, but none of us are boosted.  The only way that we will do that is if some travel restriction required it.  

It seems like most of those who have caught the latest variants are vaccinated and boosted.  At least that is true with my coworkers and the patients and coworkers that my wife sees at the local doctors office where she works.  The “boosters” seem to be a real bad joke.

Thankfully, my parents (in their 80’s), and my wife’s parents (in their 70’s) have not had it, but most of each of our siblings families have had it with just minor symptoms.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Thx..If the second booster would help reduce some of the symptoms and keep the mucus/phlegm down I would be willing to do it every yr like a flu shot.

I and wife get the yearly Flu shot and in my thinking they would most likely combine the current Covid shots with the yearly Flu shot and go from there . Just my opinion , and I'm no Doctor just a regular Joe Blow !

• Like 1

Hope you and the family recover quickly.  I had whatever version of COVID there was in February 2021.  Extreme fatigue for 2 weeks and gradually got better.  My wife did not get it although we are always together.

Only thing that I can tell you is that no one really knows everything there is to know about COVID.  Best bet is to keep in good shape - exercise, good diet, vitamins, etc. and listen to your doctor for advice.

• Like 2

Just ran through my house too.

5 people

1-2 day fevers for all up to 103 then broke.all different symptoms.was lucky to just get fever,aches in hips,loss of taste/smell for 2 days and congestion that's finally almost gone after 11 days.

Being a smoker i thought for sure it was going right to my lungs(which it didnt)..It deff hits everyone differently!

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Jerkman said:
On 4/9/2022 at 7:44 PM, suburbanfarmer said:
Thx
Yes, they are calling it BA2 sub variant that bypasses the vax and boosters but those help with keeping the symptoms controllable.

A series question. Anyone in the family O-blood type?

Yes my son and I are both O+