Nice buck..Youth Hunt

Pygmy

That's GREAT!!! Of course all the bow hunters will be whining that he ruined their hunting. Get the kids out...our future depends on it!!!

Ah yes, another random slap at bowhunters. Don't be painting with such a big broad brush there fella, unless you are just looking for something nasty to say about bowhunters like so many are so fond of doing these days.

Personally, I congratulate the young guy on his accomplishment and also congrats go out to the mentor who I assume master-minded the hunt.

• Like 1

That's GREAT!!! Of course all the bow hunters will be whining that he ruined their hunting. Get the kids out...our future depends on it!!!

No - from what I have seen, it is only a small % of bowhunters who had a problem with it.

• Like 1

By the time I got there with my camera, the buck was skinned, quartered, and in the cooler, since the temps are warm and the priority with the guys I hunt with is quality meat.

However, the young fellow's Aunt took some good digital shots..I'll see if she can send me one or two to share.

I will say that there have been at least a couple hundred bucks weighed at my buddy's place over the last 40 years or so, and this one tied # 2 for weight..There has been one other weighed in at 175 and one that was 185. A few weighed in in the 160s, but the vast majority have weighed 150 or less..Most of them were CONSIDERABLY less, generally from 100 to 130..

Small % that are mad most likely dont have kids, or are ones that cry about everything..... i have no kids, but if i did id love to get them out there. Lets not forget what conservation does for a deer herd, and what quality mentoring and programs can do for generations to come. Congrats to the youngster !! Seems like his mentor either got lucky or is a qdm'r. Either way, pat them on the back from treeguy

its cool when the deer herd is strong here in 3k you have to have 3 perfernces points to get a doe tag some areas the herd is hurting from the coyotes ... dont get me wrong im all for getting youth out there but why was it not like spring turkey week earlier?? doesnt make sense but it is what it is... hope all you youth hunters had a blast

the youth hunt and proposed extension to southern bow were presented at the same time. under old regs the hunt would of ben weekend before bow in southern. Neighbors boy who's 14 took a nice doe with 30-30.his fist deer!! couldn't tell who was more excited his dad or him!