If You Had To Choose ?

F-150

Bow...I didn't even take the gun out this season. Bow hunted westchester during the open gun season and arrowed my first doe on dec23. Now that I have the first one under my belt, may break the gun out again next year. There is just something about being so close, so quiet(even during and after the shot), so still...I'm pretty hooked on the bow.

If I had to make one choose, now and for ever, it would be gun only because Im not getting any younger and who knows how long my bow patience and draw strength will last me.

If those things were not factors it would be bow.

• Like 2

I hunted with a bow for quite a few years...Killed 6 whitetails and an elk with it...

However, I never really warmed up to the stick and string...

Something about that walnut and blued steel of a quality firearm...Not to mention that lovely smell of burnt powder after the shot...

I decided a few years back, that if it doesn't BURN POWDER, I am not interested in using it..

No offense to all of you bowhunters..I respect your skill and your dedication, and I have done enough bowhunting to appreciate it.

I just find firearms much more interesting than archery tackle..Personal choice only.

Not to start an argument. But if crossbows were allowed during bow season. Wouldnt woods get filled like they do during gun season? And then it doesnt matter whether you are hunting in bow or gun season, deer are still smartened up to people in the woods.

I enjoy the peace and quiet, and solo effort of "the hunt" durring bow season.

I enjoy the high success rate and extended range of gun season.

Guess I would have to choose a camera for the best of both worlds.... venison is way overated!

Not to start an argument. But if crossbows were allowed during bow season. Wouldnt woods get filled like they do during gun season? And then it doesnt matter whether you are hunting in bow or gun season, deer are still smartened up to people in the woods.

The answer to your question is "NO"....I don't have a dog in this fight, since I no longer hunt with archery gear of any description.

However, I have hunted in several states plus a couple of provinces where Xbows are legal, and crowded woods due to xbows were not a problem... It's similar to the alarm voiced by many people when rifles became legal a few years back in parts of the Southern Zone that had always been shotguns only..

Lots of fretting and worrying and wringing of hands and rending of hair beforehand, and after it happened, it became a "non-issue".

• Like 1

Bow. When I get too old and feeble to use my bow, and assuming I am still fit enought to climb our "killer hill", the shotgun or rifle will do just fine. If I can't lift my rifle or climb the hill, then probably it is time to quit .... lol. Pretty simple for me.