Lifetime License

bigpaul

After posting that last bit of information I thought about the safety class. I guess you can buy the license but it is not active until you take the class at the appropriate age?

Correct.  I bought both my nephews a lifetime license for their first birthday.  They are 16 and 13 years old now with the youngest taking his hunter safety class this summer.

• Like 1

Yeah the cost is hard to swallow, especially with a  baby along the way but I figure I suck it up now and it'll save me in the long run.  I know I'll be hunting in some form or another for a very long time.

I think I'm confused..............

I assumed the OP just bought his Lifetime License. Actually I think what he ment is that he has had it and this years license just came in the mail?

Doesn't matter, it's all good whatever it is!

I looked into the lifetime license several years ago, at that time I was only 8 years from the senior $5.00 license, so I figured it wasn't worth the investment. I would basically save around $100. They almost immediately raised the senior license to 70. I screwed up again. I just don't trust the powers to be with the license fees, they seem to keep adding separate tags that are not included in the lifetime lic. If I was younger I would really consider it.

I think I'm confused..............

I assumed the OP just bought his Lifetime License. Actually I think what he ment is that he has had it and this years license just came in the mail?

Doesn't matter, it's all good whatever it is!

That's the way I took it. I'll never admit to being confused, however. My son calls it a senior moment, LOL.

Yeah the cost is hard to swallow, especially with a  baby along the way but I figure I suck it up now and it'll save me in the long run.  I know I'll be hunting in some form or another for a very long t

Congrats on the new baby. I see sleepless nights in your future, LOL.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I wanted to get one as well but wasn't too sure what I would need to get.  I normally get the super sportsman, but if I wanted to get the lifetime for all my hunting I would need to buy the Sportsman lifetime ($765), Bowhunting lifetime ($235) and ML lifetime ($235) right?  Also, don't we normally pay i think like $10 for a doe tag, do we still need to do that separately?  If thats the case I may get the sportman this year and the bow and ML next year.  Its hard for me as Im getting married in October, so money is tight just as it is for you Elmo.  Congrats on the baby btw! (I know I planned it bad as oct 11th is right at the start of the season!)Thanks in advance

Free doe tags with the purchase of the lifetime. I believe the lifetime is good for whatever state you live in afte purchase which is why I Bought it for my twin sons before the price jacked up a few years back. Money is always tight and after you get married it gets tighter!!! I bough in stages - first just fishing at 21, then added sportsman at 25 and finally bow at 30 - SO worth it for me since I was always the one scrambling to get my license the day before the season starts - now it arrives in my mailbox well before I need it!

I don't believe DMP tags are included in the lifetime now, I hear it used to be.

I you purchase the lifetime for NY now, it matters not where you live afterwards, you will continue to receive your lifetime regardless of residence. No extra fees.

• Like 1

I wish I had the foresight to buy one when they first became available, as some of my friends did. It seemed like a lot of $$$ at the time but I'd be way ahead now..

Heck, I don't even buy GREEN BANANAS anymore...Hehehehe..

I did ONE thing right though. I bought a lifetime license for my grandson on his first birthday.