Very true a lot of those people said that it wouldn't pass.....I was told that places like dicks sporting goods and Walmart won't be selling ammo no more....the manager at dicks told me that when I bought my shotgun in november.....and for the

People who didn't believe this could happen lol jokes on you

This is NY we are talking about ...where the biggest crooks live at the capital lol

Edited by coyote hunter
  • Like 2

This is really getting amazing. In one massive move, the antis have denied us mail order ammo opportunities, driven some of the major gun and ammo suppliers out of state, and harassed some of the larger stores (Dicks and Walmart) from being a source of ammo. In other words they have taken huge steps toward drying up all supplies of ammo. Not to be an alarmist or anything, but I can see a time when NYS gun owners will have nothing to put in their guns. When the time comes that there are no retailers that want to bother with the nonsense involved their plan will be complete. Kill the ammo sources and you can kill the gun use with no 2nd amendment arguments. Pretty slick .... eh?

• Like 3

Last I knew the state didn't have a system in place yet, for running background checks. Originally little king Andy assumed that the state would just use the same system that is used for background check on firearms sales (NICS) but the Feds told him to stuff it. I can see there being at least a form that you have to fill out, until some kind of electronic system is in place.

Anyone know the definition of "Infringe" 

I think this is going to be the wakeup call that many needed.........banning assault weapons, high capacity mags and the likes didn't really affect the average gun owner, but now that something as simple as buying ammo is is going to be nearly impossible it may get more people to make some noise.

Very true a lot of those people said that it wouldn't pass.....I was told that places like dicks sporting goods and Walmart won't be selling ammo no more....the manager at dicks told me that when I bought my shotgun in november.....and for the

People who didn't believe this could happen lol jokes on you

This is NY we are talking about ...where the biggest crooks live at the capital lol

I heard the excact opposite from the guy at Dicks last week .

I went to the store in crossgates ... Not sure what store you go to but you can call and ask the manager in the hunting lodge if ya want to verify

How about that one armed Lady that works there, she works her but off and remains nice. I like her.

I doubt corporate will say no to ammo sales but you never know in NY. Walmart I could see backing out, they are wimps.

How about that one armed Lady that works there, she works her but off and remains nice. I like her.

I doubt corporate will say no to ammo sales but you never know in NY. Walmart I could see backing out, they are wimps.

Walmart is wimps and their board of directors is in bed with washington.

I don't think they will have the database up for the checks to start taking place anytime soon. I've also heard somewhere on here that it won't be until after fall elections. I'm pretty well stocked and will longer purchase ammo in nys once this takes place. Looking at reloading more too. The whole thing stinks and without a major stink from the majority of gun owners it will only continue to get worse. imho  just sayin'

I need a box of .30-30 so I called 2 Dick's stores on LI, neither store had what I wanted and neither heard about stopping ammo sales. One person added that I could call their corporate office to ask, another said that they are not stopping ammo sales..... ??

Her name is Lou ....she's been working there a long time she works in the fishing and hunting dept

Just think of all the new archery shops that will open....sarcasm...well... some at least

I fully plan on doing as much hunting as possible with my muzzleloader and a bow. Since I haven't gotten into bow hunting yet, I guess my plans got moved up. I have enough ammo for my rifles and shotguns to last for several years if I don't do any target shooting, but that means that I now have a bunch of pretty looking pieces of wood and tubing in the safe- that I am not happy about.

I can see this rolling out just like obamacare. No thought put into it (as if there was any to start with), way over budget, and without any instruction or communication to those that have to actually work with the system. My personal hope is that the system flops flat on its face the second it goes online and the outrage from the public on all sides who see the money being wasted (CoBIS anybody?) gets it shut down and repealed. Obviously, the powers to be are ignoring the shooting community. Maybe a little help from the rest of the peanut gallery will do us some good.

• Like 1

they are not ignoring us Cuomo goes places unannounced as he does not want to see the protesters.  When he gets wind there will be a bog gathering, he changes plans.  we just need many more voices to speak up even if they do not own an assault rifle. MY fear is this ammo background check will be delayed until after the elections to help keep the silent ones who do not think this effects them quiet.  It would be a great political move to do so just like obama care is now delaying the mandatory penalties for a year.  

• Like 3

they are not ignoring us Cuomo goes places unannounced as he does not want to see the protesters.  When he gets wind there will be a bog gathering, he changes plans.  we just need many more voices to speak up even if they do not own an assault rifle. MY fear is this ammo background check will be delayed until after the elections to help keep the silent ones who do not think this effects them quiet.  It would be a great political move to do so just like obama care is now delaying the mandatory penalties for a year.  

I am not so sure it couldn't be ready now to implement. Even if it isn't they could have it before November but no way will they roll it out until after the election. I would love to see the impact of this used in ads and such prior to the election. The word has to get to those that normally wouldn't vote but will feel the impact. We have to at least talk to every fire arms owner we know.