New Peep

88GW

Had a 1/4 inch peep installed today. I had a 3/16 peep from day one on the bow and it always seemed blurry I had always thought it was my contacts drying up or me straining so much to see clearly. The 1/4 inch peep has made all the difference. Nice and clear and I can now see my entire sight, my field of view is so much better and I am driving tacks better than ever. I wish I had done this sooner.

What peep size are you guys shooting? How do you like em?

Think mine is 1/4, it fits my sight perfect 20-70 yard pins at every 10 yards.  Smaller peeps are great for small sights but you have to have them match to be consistent.  My MQ1 has a small sight and peep but it was great as it fit the circle of the target at 20 yards perfect, another nail driver.  Much harder with a smaller peep to see long distance on large game.  Field of view is reduced.

Nice when you can pin point your shot!!!  Makes shooting that much more fun!  Good luck with it, but try not to overshoot like I do.  Too fun!  Todays run around the course in the snow was awesome!  Love making fresh tracks and shooting 3D targets.  Hope the course is open for tomorrows shoot but the road is pathetically bad with snow and ice. 

Here's a product I saw yesterday at the Harrisburg show.  Little pricey but heck if it'll help it's worth it.

www.perrysnopeep.com

Similiar to what I was forced to eventually use (HindSight). Had this discussion before, but when you young bucks are forced into the tri-focal corrective lens world....These products work for old, imperfect eyes. Also significantly reduce bow torque with 2X sights on bow riser.

1/4" Meta.

Personally, anything smaller and I sacrifice low-light shooting ability that is oh so critical during bow season.

Phade, I didn't know what I was missing out with until I made the switch.  What a difference in field of view and light.

I think sight housing size makes a difference and how far the housing is mounted from the bow.  I typically shoot 1/4" but will be switching to 5/16' with the new axcel vision sight that has a 2" housing mounted pretty close to the bow.  I like a small ring of daylight around the housing to center when looking through the peep.  If its all blacked out, I don't naturally center as well.  I know some center on the pin.  I like to center on the housing and put the pin on the target.

• Like 1

I think sight housing size makes a difference and how far the housing is mounted from the bow.  I typically shoot 1/4" but will be switching to 5/16' with the new axcel vision sight that has a 2" housing mounted pretty close to the bow.  I like a small ring of daylight around the housing to center when looking through the peep.  If its all blacked out, I don't naturally center as well.  I know some center on the pin.  I like to center on the housing and put the pin on the target.

ditto, My peep is 1/4" and it gives me a perfect view of the entire site, makes it easy to center the site with the glo in the dark ring around the site.

• Like 1

I've got 1/4" peeps on all my bows, competition or hunting, with the exception of my indoor spots bow; G5 meta peeps and one Bone Collector Versa peep.  I've drilled X's on outdoor 3D targets in low light while others right next to me with smaller peeps couldn't even make out the target.  same goes for hunting at those prime hours of first and last light.  my sight housings are bigger and setup to perfectly fit into the peep.  so no drop in aiming precision compared to a smaller peep and I have a bigger window to put game in at the time of the shot.