Sitting vigil

Deerthug

For my sister in law (my wife's sister) who was admitted to hospice last night. At 53 she was diagnosed with kidney cancer that Metastasized to her liver, lungs and bones 6 weeks ago and it was too far advanced for any chemo. Dr giving her less than 3 months but from the looks of things it may be a week or so. Cancer really sucks.

Sent with Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy 4

Sorry to hear that.  Cancer is a tough thing to deal with.  Six survivors and 4 deaths from it in my family.

One loss was a 12 year-old cousin - brain tumor.  Another was my wife's grandmother - succumbed to lung and liver cancer from second-hand smoke.

Be strong for your wife.  Support her the best you can in dealing with what is happening with her sister.

Sorry to hear that dude. Me and my wife just went thru that with her sister who was 52. Her breast cancer went to her liver ,lungs and bones. Hospice is all about taking you out in comfort.=..Drugs.....we did it here at our house because her husband was piece of crap. If you drain the fluid off her belly, it will help but it will also shorten her time. That is if she has the fluid.  Im here if you have any questions.  

Thanks for your prayers everyone. Just got home to my kids after a really long and tiring day. We thought we were going to lose her earlier today but she's still hanging on. Her brother made it back from a business trip in Europe and came from JFK straight to the hospice facility and was able to see her. Brought my kids to see her too earlier. My heart sank when they broke down crying in my wife's and my arms. They at least were able to say their goodbyes. It is so sureal watching her breath as if each breath was her last. I pray that God ends her sufferring soon.

Really tough and long day today. Lots of preparation. My BIL leaned on me a lot today. I don't know how I did it but I helped him take care of everything. We got through the first evening of viewing. I hope and pray that the next two days go quickly. It breaks my heart seeing my niece and nephew so upset.