What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

20 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Frank Zitz, Rhinebeck

And back on topic;

I baked a ham for dinner, some potatoes and asparagus.^_^

Frank Zitz does did awesome work.My family did have some taxidermy done by him.

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Bacon wrapped blackstrap filets stuffed with home made jalapeño cream cheese. Mashed taters and green beans for sides

2461D869-E8A1-44BD-B1E0-32A15FF2618E.jpeg

These look awesome were they done in the oven or smoker?

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

No pics; Grama Mora’s Mexican.  Went to a buddies with wifey.........homemade carrot cake and chocolate chip cookies for desert.  

I made taco dip.  

I think I’m gonna heave...........gawddamn was it good. 

E4B2238A-9932-4464-B9B6-7202A80A519A.jpeg

Ever go to El Ranchito next to Kennedy’s ? 

14 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Bacon wrapped blackstrap filets stuffed with home made jalapeño cream cheese. Mashed taters and green beans for sides

2461D869-E8A1-44BD-B1E0-32A15FF2618E.jpeg

This is exactly what I have planned for Easter.  What oven temp/time did you use?  Do you broil at the end to crisp up the bacon?

5 hours ago, Jdubs said:

This is exactly what I have planned for Easter.  What oven temp/time did you use?  Do you broil at the end to crisp up the bacon?

So you slice the backstrap into 1/8” thick strips about 4” long, put a spoonful of the jalapeño cream cheese on each strip, roll it up, then wrap the opposite direction with a strip of bacon. Put them in a 9x13 pan, bake at 400 for 20 mins then set the broiler on high, move them to the top rack and broil till the bacon is crispy. Pretty easy.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So you slice the backstrap into 1/8” thick strips about 4” long, put a spoonful of the jalapeño cream cheese on each strip, roll it up, then wrap the opposite direction with a strip of bacon. Put them in a 9x13 pan, bake at 400 for 20 mins then set the broiler on high, move them to the top rack and broil till the bacon is crispy. Pretty easy.  

Drooling already.  Thanks! :good:

• Like 1

Grilled lemon chicken, teriyaki venison steaks, smokehouse rub venison, and the fixings going on freshly grilled homemade naan bread. Some sliced avocado, red onion, drizzle of ranch dressing with some lettuce was feta with the smokehouse venison.
ed53da31539badb5b167b0903861b1ae.jpg

af555a107ac544742d240748cff5a9a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

5 hours ago, rachunter said:

Tried making flounder with Panko it’s very Crunchy but definitely needs to be spiced up. Chickened our on the shrimp and made them with my usual salt/pepper Flour. 

6779634B-51EE-4983-B651-5C138325D0D8.jpeg

Try dredging first in taco seasoning or adding grated Parmesan to the Panko with salt n pepper 

• Like 1

We went over my friends house for dinner tonight and an awesome meal featuring one of his harvests. Appetizer was venison kidneys, which were excellent!
26e1a501a20571a135b08c71cde36c0a.jpg

He also made Stifado, a Greek venison stew. Sorry no pic, but the recipie is in Hank Shaws cookbook Buck, Buck, Moose. Outstanding culinary evening!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 7