What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

What a treat it would be if he brought 6’ of those to the GTG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure I can pull that off-no White Castle either since I have basketball before the GTG.
However, I am thinking about smuggling some venison empanadas in for an app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Once duck season is over I’m going to get a mess of squirrels and do this, looks good

15 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

I have a local place in need of squirrel removal.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

once you get past the stigma it's a ton of fun. You're reducing those noisy critters for next deer season, getting in the woods for a "fun" hunt, getting some post season scouting in and honestly once you get it down, cleaning a squirrel takes only a few minutes and then just throw em in the fryer and dip in your favorite wing sauce. The kids love them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

once you get past the stigma it's a ton of fun. You're reducing those noisy critters for next deer season, getting in the woods for a "fun" hunt, getting some post season scouting in and honestly once you get it down, cleaning a squirrel takes only a few minutes and then just throw em in the fryer and dip in your favorite wing sauce. The kids love them.

No stigma for me I love them, but its been way too long

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

No stigma for me I love them, but its been way too long

That's the skinning method I use....Slicker than a finger in the azz...

I used to ring them around the middle and pull both ways...Works OK  if you do it immediately after shooting the squirrel, but once they cool it gets much harder...The tail method works well even after rigor mortis has set in, and you end up with much less hair on the meat..

• Like 3

20 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Spaghetti and meatballs using[mention=3175]otto[/mention] meatball recipe, they smell great! Jarred sauce though emoji17.png

da6bac59706fb50d2e2bf30aa5977986.jpg

I believe I asked once before, but can't remember. What is this recipe? I love meatballs. My Mom (not italian) makes them great to my liking. However, my wife (100% italian) does not make them good enough for me. I may start to make them myself if this recipe is good.

@Otto

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I believe I asked once before, but can't remember. What is this recipe? I love meatballs. My Mom (not italian) makes them great to my liking. However, my wife (100% italian) does not make them good enough for me. I may start to make them myself if this recipe is good.

@Otto

Check your PM :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

6a48d261c349e6d43526fa91ec911225.jpg
My first stab at buttered chicken(which has surprisingly little butter) and some homemade naan bread. We liked it but feel it could use a little spice to add a kick at the end.

Daughter uses siracha to top off the spice level. Looking good 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Cooking sausage n peppers for tomorrow nights festivities! 

21665A7C-B42A-4BEB-AD6F-18A6894E5907.jpeg

0F2CD934-BAA1-42C4-B9EE-03859F5BB969.jpeg

Looks good.

Tip I learned years ago camping making "hobo meals" before said meals became cool, that I carried over into home cooking. Now, when I bake sausage at home I use a glass baking dish, cover with foil and only allow enough heat to get out to prevent poaching. The next day the sausage isn't dry after reheating.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Looks good.

Tip I learned years ago camping making "hobo meals" before said meals became cool, that I carried over into home cooking. Now, when I bake sausage at home I use a glass baking dish, cover with foil and only allow enough heat to get out to prevent poaching. The next day the sausage isn't dry after reheating.

Nice tip! I thank you for that.  

I actually only bake the sausages to give a browned texture, so they do not look anemic.  I slice them THICK, add them to the peppers/onion/garlic/diced tomatoes this way all the flavors merge together.  

i cut everything VERY thick for a nice hearty meal after hours, and hours of simmering.  

CCE9136A-0F4C-449B-B9D5-0DA0D7395093.jpeg

• Like 6

Not tonight but definitely in a day or two some yummy pulled beaver sliders got 47 pounds from today’s haul 
6510AF85-A679-4DD9-897E-6232AE13A82D.thumb.jpeg.5230c58cbe17b4aaacbf22356adf899b.jpeg
5E6A512F-B6D2-47F0-8BBB-9020F156206C.thumb.png.f6d6a34612dbe6204ef9010f71016292.png

Wow I had beaver once at work a guy brought it in. To this day it’s the best game animal I’ve ever eaten. I’m going to give trapping them a shot. Do you grid it all up?

On 12/30/2019 at 9:27 AM, Pygmy said:

That's the skinning method I use....Slicker than a finger in the azz...

I used to ring them around the middle and pull both ways...Works OK  if you do it immediately after shooting the squirrel, but once they cool it gets much harder...The tail method works well even after rigor mortis has set in, and you end up with much less hair on the meat..

I agree with the hair part too for sure. I also find that if you bring a large ziploc with you that by the time you're done with a quick skinning the surrounding squirrels are back out after the gun shot noise wears off. Some field wipes and you're good to go again.

7a2c619140ed80f3cfd3acb2e2bc26ed.jpg&key=4a6443e093fd7488cda65022dc06e6c8cb1fe771f035a406855becec14bb214a

First neck roast attempt...this is only half the boneless neck...truly a massive deer.

Don’t let the brown foam scare you - that’s from the stout!

Into the oven for 4-5 hours!!!!

625e7844c47948bc8056a31969a11aef.jpg

Can you smell that?!?! Giving it another 45 min

• Like 6