What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

There is a button-buck neck roast simmering in the crock-pot right now.   It has been vacuum-sealed and in the freezer since November 2018.  I have been wanting to try one of those for years and will finally get the chance tonight. 
I have one of those packaged up in my freezer from this year, tell us how long you cooked it and how it turned out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have one of those packaged up in my freezer from this year, tell us how long you cooked it and how it turned out.

I’m watching this too since I took my time with my buck’s neck roast and ended up with 2, 5 lb roasts (bone in)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, wolc123 said:

There is a button-buck neck roast simmering in the crock-pot right now.   It has been vacuum-sealed and in the freezer since November 2018.  I have been wanting to try one of those for years and will finally get the chance tonight. 

@wolc123 , Please tell me you wrapped it around some carrots, onions, and potatoes! Also, that you left the "oysters" out of the meal.

Edited by DirtTime

I had venison shank cacciatore over mashed potatoes. I made it a few weeks ago, portioned it out into plastic soup to go containers, and put them in the freezer. It came out good. No pic because it doesn't look that appetizing. I let it bake for too long, so all of the water in the sauce evaporated and it's a tad dark. But still very tasty, I just add a little water when I reheat it.

• Like 1

Homemade Indian tonight. Kinda like chicken makhani... but with coconut milk instead of yogurt. Either way, damn good! 7521a3659e940c30b03df318a176ae7c.jpg&key=81b4d56ef55f9ade87fbb79113f3ec519653f8a6b770f0f516794f369ae62a40

See now that’s not something I would expect to see and that’s exactly why I check every day. I’ll be looking into this- so sick of all the standard chicken dishes

• Like 1

Yep... pretty close to butter chicken.  Leftover grilled chicken added to sautéed onion, garlic, bell pepper, diced tomatoes and garam masala, ginger, cumin, salt, coconut milk, butter and a little bit of lemon juice.  Mix it all together and let it reduce to thicken up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TACC said:

My wife put the frozen roast in a programmable crock-pot, along with a little water, some salt and pepper, and some potatoes.  It was set on low for 7 hours, then on "keep warm" for 2 more hours.   When she got home from work, she mashed the potatoes, and made a package of beef gravy and some corn.   My girls like to make a layer of mashed potatoes, then a layer of deboned venison, then gravy, with corn on top.    I tried it that way also this time and it was very good.  So good in fact, that we ate every last bit.  No leftovers for lunch tomorrow.   

Everyone thought that the neck roast was better than a regular butt roast.  All of the fat cooked out and left no off-flavor.   The meat pulled easily off the bones,    I will definitely have to do some more of those.  It is a lot easier than trying to trim the meat and fat off the neck when it is raw, for grind or something.    

9 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

@Bionic  with the pizza pic set the idea of one.  New pizzeria just opened nearby   Four cheese steak and chicken finger. Heavy slices and dang good 

BC2030D0-FC84-4088-8F1B-BA57BFDF5B38.jpeg

87267839-A88D-44BD-BF61-E585CA78701F.jpeg

That’s different, id try it.  I ate that entire pizza, my best crust yet, and best ratio of sauce/cheese yet.  I keep fine tuning temps/times etc, so i was very happy.  Had sliced garlic on it as well...im a garlic freak

• Like 2