need answer fast, doe in yard

Dan92

Congrats! Funny how things work out. I had a similar opportunity a few different times  with a doe eating apples under the tree in my yard.. Just last week I stepped onto the deck headed out for an evening hunt ,bow in hand . I said to myself "naa, its not hunting". Never thought of it the way culver or uncle Nicky did. Next time she is going into the freezer..maybe....lol

Okay so after getting it gutted, the shot was not as good as i tohught. it pierced right through the center of the right side lung. she must have jumped on the shot, cuz the arrow came out towards the middle of the deer, barely hit the stomach but still hit it. The entry is clear but i marked with green. The exit is on the left side, the area where it is is marked with the red circle but its on the other side thats just the area it came out of. You think the meat is still good?

ijUnsxI.jpg

• Like 1

Of course it is as long as you gutted her right away and cleaned out the cavity...in those cases I will use a vinegar based spray and rinse out the deer with cold clear water...you are processing today I assume in these temps.....You need to go to growing deer tv and review his videos...

Congrats.  Younger does are much easier to eat than an old buck.

You can also cut some venison into small strip or cubes and do a stir-fry with peppers, onions, potatoes, garlic, and ginger. Or skip the potatoes and server it over rice.

A bit jealous.  Have deer eating my radishes and apple tree, but neighbors are too close to hunt without permission using a bow, definitely no gun shots.

Came home a couple times last year after hunting all day to see deer in my yard or in the Leo's yard across the street.  Also have a judge that lives up the block.  No messing around in my neighborhood. 

out of like so ...congrats on a good clean kill and being able to sneak out of the house and around to get the shot...I know she knew she was in a active area and was highly alert to movement and dangers

Or she was in an area where she was fed since birth by the folks 3 doors down, hence standing decoy-like broadside and allowing a human to approach to 20 yards for a chip shot?  Enjoy the bounty.

I guess this shows you know as much about me than you did about what could have taken place with this deer!

your always talking about your deer farm and how hunting high fenced deer is such a challenge....what do you do at deer farms? hand raise deer... then sell the hunts.  Your kind of high fenced hunting "which you stand up for" is about as much of a hunt as this guys doe he just shot.  So don't act all holy and like he is less of a hunter than you are... because in his situation (unless the deer was CAGED like your deer) his deer could have at least ran away never to be seen again!  Get off your high horse all mighty white hunter.... 

your always talking about your deer farm and how hunting high fenced deer is such a challenge....what do you do at deer farms? hand raise deer... then sell the hunts.  Your kind of high fenced hunting "which you stand up for" is about as much of a hunt as this guys doe he just shot.  So don't act all holy and like he is less of a hunter than you are... because in his situation (unless the deer was CAGED like your deer) his deer could have at least ran away never to be seen again!  Get off your high horse all mighty white hunter.... 

Yeah whatever you say...Read the post. I stand up for a persons choice on where and how a person hunts just as this case played out. Just because i showed a different look at what could have been the case, compared to Grow;s means nothing. Hence the words..Enjoy the bounty.How many high fence hunts have you been on to have a clue to the fact of how one or the other may operate? At least you got the last word in your post.