mike rossi ... your famous..

Cazadora

This is interesting. They did a good job of getting OUR message out. That is the only factual info they ever published since they started in 1976.... (However, they were compelled to say I call myself the "elite hunter" on here... I guess its never let the truth get in the way of a good story as usual with them with that comment.)

• Like 10

I find it interesting that the antis monitor this site. Always keep that in mind when theorizing about rates of game violations and other negative hunting press that those creeps can use. In this case I would say it all worked in our favor because there was no anti-hunter message involved. But I have seen an armful of other subjects and replies that maybe wouldn't come off so good if sited as testimonials from hunters about hunters.

Sorry Doc I ,wouldn't you figure, do not agree...for one thing I will not let an uninformed brain washed group of people be the cause of my censoring myself. Lord I don't let you guys do that, I darn well won't let them... ;)

Yes some subject we may want to think before speaking ...but when it comes to the bad apples out there.... NO!

Every single hunter and non hunters should know, and be clearly told, that law abiding hunters do not condone the actions of the non law abiding ones. That we understand that in any "group" there will be bad apples but they in no way out number the good. That we are willing to do our best to weed those types out.

I find it interesting that the antis monitor this site. Always keep that in mind when theorizing about rates of game violations and other negative hunting press that those creeps can use. In this case I would say it all worked in our favor because there was no anti-hunter message involved. But I have seen an armful of other subjects and replies that maybe wouldn't come off so good if sited as testimonials from hunters about hunters.

If they monitor this site, they probably assume we're all a bunch of right wing nut jobs too. It doesn't help that we bitch with each other either, but I will say there's been some good passionate hunting debates here that have helped enlighten me.

• Like 2

Yes, it is my simple opinion that I personally do not want to show up in one of their publications as the voice of truth and credibility right from the hunter's own mouth.

I have often wondered what the value of all these admissions about wounding losses that we hear every season. Why do we have story after story of the ones that we couldn't recover. Is there some kind of cleansing that goes on with such confessions, or is it just merely some more fodder for these anti-hunting publications. I can't for the life of me see the purpose of those posts. I am just saying that while we may get the impression that we are the only ones who read these things, this obviously is not a closed system here and what we say can get repeated as often as our enemies wish in places where we would rather they didn't show up. And sometimes some rather stupid claims are given the credibility of having come from hunters themselves. In our anxiety to bolster our arguments, exaggerations and bending of fact, or flat-out imaginings are written here that perhaps were not the most prudent things to be putting into public print.

All I am suggesting is that we take a second to imagine how some of what we say will sound when repeated as a quote in a place we never intended.

• Like 1

I personally couldn't care less what any anti anything thinks of what I do, am, think, or say... the only people that take them seriously are other nut jobs... nothing we say, do, don't say or don't do will ever change anything they say or do. I'm pretty sure they couldn't even keep up with what I just said. If we lose our hunting privilege it will be because we were not the good stewards of wildlife conservation that we claimed to be... of our own selfish doing and not because of some anti-hunting group.

• Like 1

I personally couldn't care less what any anti anything thinks of what I do, am, think, or say... the only people that take them seriously are other nut jobs... nothing we say, do, don't say or don't do will ever change anything they say or do. I'm pretty sure they couldn't even keep up with what I just said. If we lose our hunting privilege it will be because we were not the good stewards of wildlife conservation that we claimed to be... of our own selfish doing and not because of some anti-hunting group.

Certainly cannot disagree that confirmed anti-hunters will never be changed. However, in my mind, there is something wrong with supplying them with hunter quotes with which they can gather new recruits and convince those on the fence that we are a scourge on the land. I guess I have a natural aversion towards supplying my enemies with ammo. And ammo is exactly the way I view anti-hunter comments coming from within our own ranks and made public.

The concern is not what they think. The concern is how they affect the general public's perception of hunting with their propaganda. Those on both sides of issues relating to hunting (animal rights, gun rights) are constantly communicating to the public - intentionally or otherwise. 

I have often wondered what the value of all these admissions about wounding losses that we hear every season. Why do we have story after story of the ones that we couldn't recover. Is there some kind of cleansing that goes on with such confessions, or is it just merely some more fodder for these anti-hunting publications. I can't for the life of me see the purpose of those posts.

I will agree with this part of your statement Doc...but never on not letting both hunters and non hunters know,  most of the true hunters and conservation minded people, look at the illegal and sneaky underhanded things, that some with hunting tags do, is not what we are about,condone or will tolerate.

I will agree with this part of your statement Doc...but never on not letting both hunters and non hunters know,  most of the true hunters and conservation minded people, look at the illegal and sneaky underhanded things, that some with hunting tags do, is not what we are about,condone or will tolerate.

I do believe that that can be done without exaggerated statements that generalize hunters or hunters that use certain weapons or methods as being slob hunters, poachers, and a scourge to all wildlife, all of which I have seen on these pages far too often. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in heated debate that certain unfair, and inaccurate and unsubstantiated exaggerations occur that really have no real purpose, and can have damaging impacts when lifted out as quotes from hunters.

And by the way, before I divert this thread too far and too quick from the original theme, I too want to congratulate Mike for offering up a well constructed argument in his posts that the anti's were unsuccessful in making any plausible anti-hunting use. In spite of their attempts at malicious quoting, they did indeed shoot themselves in the foot by trying to use quotes that used facts and not emotions and just didn't spin well for them. In fact reading their article as a person who really is not all that involved with the issue, I came away with the opinion that it was Mike who held the higher ground on all of this and appeared to be the voice of reason in an article that otherwise simply sounded like emotional, mindless ranting by fanatical lunatics.

• Like 2

And by the way, before I divert this thread too far and too quick from the original theme, I too want to congratulate Mike for offering up a well constructed argument in his posts that the anti's were unsuccessful in making any plausible anti-hunting use. In spite of their attempts at malicious quoting, they did indeed shoot themselves in the foot by trying to use quotes that used facts and not emotions and just didn't spin well for them. In fact reading their article as a person who really is not all that involved with the issue, I came away with the opinion that it was Mike who held the higher ground on all of this and appeared to be the voice of reason in an article that otherwise simply sounded like emotional, mindless ranting by fanatical lunatics.

Agree with Doc here.