LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Nothing good comes of shooting fox with a slug. There will be less of him to get tanned or try to sell .

Depends on how it's hit. My dad shot one at 25 yards with a 12ga slug and it was fine. Made a nice full body mount.

A few years later he shot another one but is was destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My partner Joe hunted tonight saw 7, killed a doe. About 40 deer ahead of him at the butcher. I'll be on stand in the Am solid movement since Sat. Morning I may drop a doe if I get a chance .

Edited by Larry302

Sick of so few deer sightings an my place in 8N. Made the trip to my place in 9P and hunted yesterday evening and all day today. Zero deer! Unbelievable. I cant remember the last time I got skunked up there. There also was almost no shooting--it ususally is a war zone up there on opening weekend. All the camps up there are saying the same. Worse season in decades.

Edited by gastrodoc

Goin out in the morning after a light snow tonight in the same spot I shot my doe , I'm convinced the buck are holding up in a block of dry hardwoods surrounded by marsh swamp with a thin strand of trees n swamp grass that funnels them into the rest of the dry land .... Bunch of old and fresh scrapes and a nice wide trail leading out into that marsh to deer haven ... Just need them to get the itch to go for a walk ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well switching it up tomorrow and taking an opportunity to go hunt with my uncle on a property down around south bristol ... I have no stand there so I'll make a day of sitting in the morning then work m way around and try and push a deer out for my uncle

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by Kludes
  • Like 2

Time to get out there and do it again.  Winds are predicted to be out of the SE-S-SW this morning.  It is currently from the NW so the mighty wind wizard has some movement to get too.  Only 13.5 degrees out here in the hills of Decatur in 4F.  Time for the heavier jacket.  Good luck everyone.

Almost tagged a beautiful 10 point with the Subaru. Little Rolling Stones Sympathy for the devil cranked up and buzzkill. Stand on the brakes at 45 mph. He was in no hurry as he trotted across the road.

Heading in 9H. 28 and real feel of 19. 11 mph ssw wind. Little snow coming down.

Going to sit in ladder stand today as I cut some nice tracks in front of it Sunday on my way out from blind.

Shoot straight y'all and enjoy the day.