LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Well..all the deer were hiding out in the field of tall grass owned by the neighbor, next to my swampy hemlock spot. Bumped a few on the way in. They bounded 15 yards and snuggled back down into the cover. Not overly bothered by me. I sat my stand for a bit but then decided to camp by a tree next to this field to see if anything got up and moved. I waited well past legal light, just to see. Nothing moved. I bet they wait for darkness.

Edited by Papist

I couldn't update from the stand yesterday because the cell service is hit or miss from that location. But I got my projects completed early enough to go for an afternoon sit, and got in to the stand at about 2:45.

About 3:45, this guy shows up. I already filled my buck tag, so the only thing I was shooting him with was a video camera.

post-694-0-52293100-1449494970_thumb.png

post-694-0-42389700-1449494993_thumb.png

He was following a doe, and after watching him for a few minutes, he slipped off through the woods with his girlfriend. I don't know if I would have taken him if I still had a tag, but after looking at the video, I may be tempted during the late season when I'm back in the game with a buck tag.

I had a few more does filter in and punched the lone doe tag I had with a 10 yd neck shot about 30 minutes after the buck left.

post-694-0-31122500-1449495323_thumb.jpg

The freezer thanked me!

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 17

Very quiet today. It was super crispy frosty this morning and didn't catch anything moving except a few squirrels. Did some very slow still hunting around the thick stuff after the frost melted. Expected to see something or at least get busted all afternoon but didn't see/hear anything. They are partying in my yard right now that it's dark, I just watched a few bed down in the grass near the driveway.

Pretty sure I stepped on and snapped every possible stick on the way in. 12-15 turkeys roosted 60 yards from my stand. Scared the poop out of me crashing thru the tree tops as they flew out

Still see a bunch in trees, most on ground. Holy kee kee run, yelps , putts from all around me. Awesome !!!

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2

Pretty sure I stepped on and snapped every possible stick on the way in. 12-15 turkeys roosted 60 yards from my stand. Scared the poop out of me crashing thru the tree tops as they flew out

It is unreal how they are even able to survive, so clumsy. I have seen quite a few crash while trying to roost. They always recoup and try again.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1