LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

We're seeing high scraping and rubbing activity for this time of the year. High deer activity and numbers too. Where did all the hunters go? Not many shots heard in days. Three weeks to long for most.  Deer observed all 150 + yards out. Being in a no rifle area, the muzzleloader is the go to tool. Some excellent late season hunting.

Had to call it quits early today to do some work. Lots of fresh sign, and a lot of new rubs. Some are pretty exciting. Honestly though I am looking for some for the freezer and would be happy with a doe or a buck for my first this year. No sightings today. I have a strong suspicion they mostly bed on a neighboring property but I don't have permission there.

Sure glad I have a NYS wildlife viewing License. Had 6 does within 15 yards, can't shoot them .NO DMP this year. Had a nice spike at 60 yards, also can't shoot him, need to be 3pts on one side. Can't wait to not shoot anything again next year. :crying: :crying: :crying:

• Like 4

That's bizarre.  I would say had to have been born that way.  I mean, what do I really know....!?!?  I would think there would have to be some evidence of injury or trauma.   If it's a yearling I don't think she'd survive an injury like that, especially with last winter.  I'm going to assume she was like that at birth.  Anymore information would be interesting.  Thanks, kind of cool in a weird way.