time of first day hunt...

growalot

Will it be opening day? Morning , mid day  afternoon?

I'll be out but it will be a later day hunt...I'm not familiar enough with either property to feel safe in the dark...they don't have my well groomed trails and a few more bear...I know they'll be hitting the fields at night so will have a sit first afternoon at one place and a climb late morning till close at the other the next day

Will be out in the morning on the 1st. Since I'm hunting state land I will be pulling into the parking area WAY earlier than I should be just to make sure I'm there first. Will start my slow walk to my stand prolly about a hour and a half before first shooting light. 30 min walk and then a nice hour of silence in the stand before I can see :)

• Like 1

I don't have a clue when or where I'll be on my first sit of the season, makes no difference to me.

Way too many factors to consider at this point.

Luck to all!!

Same here. I have not looked at my work calander to even see when I'm off yet. I have 3 or 4 weeks off from late Oct to Thanksgiving that's when I'll be out most days, early season no idea .

I will be in Vermont next weekend. Then will have a three day weekend around the 10th. Early on I'll hit some fringe set ups and scout/hunt until the last part of October,hunting early and late in the day. Come late October, I will start to get much more serious. I'll then move to my best and proven set ups and put in much more time in my spots. Will have a bunch of days off in November to hunt.

I took off work from 10/1-10/4. I probably won't go out until the morning of the second at some state land or if I leave with enough time Thursday afternoon maybe ill stop in east.aurora for an afternoon sit on my way out to camp

I am in no hurry at all. When I have no races to go to, the mornings are cold, and I am ready to get in the woods, I will go to my best spots. Otherwise, I will sit in some observation stands to see where I should get in to close the deal. But, my last good buck came from one of these observation stands on a 70 degree afternoon, so you never know.

Hunting down in 9H first two weeks n then back to 8G ... Soooo opening morning sit in 9H and then afternoon sit in 8G if I don't kill a doe in the morning ... Then afternoon sits in 9H till the 16th...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you at in 9H ? Eagle/Bliss area here. I'll be sitting opening day of regular season in my new built blind so 13 year old daughter can go with . It's about 100 yards behind my ladder stand and I frequently see deer sneaking behind me and my scent blows right at them. Not anymore !! Daughter will be with me til noon or so and the ballet (Nutcracker rehearsal) in afternoon. Can't wait to share deerhunting woods with her

Where are you at in 9H ? Eagle/Bliss area here. I'll be sitting opening day of regular season in my new built blind so 13 year old daughter can go with . It's about 100 yards behind my ladder stand and I frequently see deer sneaking behind me and my scent blows right at them. Not anymore !! Daughter will be with me til noon or so and the ballet (Nutcracker rehearsal) in afternoon. Can't wait to share deerhunting woods with her

thats awesome, my daughter just started Nutcracker rehearsal too. I think this is her fourth year
  • Like 1

Eagle/Bliss huh? I'm just outside of warsaw Just left of 78.. Hello neighbor!

• Like 1

Public land in Alexander / Bethany ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk