A bit anxious

moog5050

So regardless of all of the doe only controversy in my area, I am still getting anxious to sit in a stand. I am not even low on meat. I just am looking forward to a fun season. Fishing is over and my wife has already resigned herself to my absence for the next 3 months, so I guess I am ready. Need to get my 6yr old daughter in a double stand this year. She is looking forward to it. Hopefully we can make it exciting for her again like when phade knocked down 2 doe last year 2 minutes after I texted him that Natalie was ready "to go look for the deer."

• Like 4

I won't be able to make it out until the second week of October. But have had the itch bad for the last few days. Hung a cam yesterday, in a spot I haven't hunted in a couple years. Got a natural blind set near by for my grandson and I. My wife is almost officially a hunting widow until mid December!

Shot my practice broadheads again today, numbered the arrows and put my hunting ones on .

Washed my hunting clothes ,went through the pack, and put my lic. In my wallet. So starting to feel like it's time.

I'm off wed thur sat. May sit thur. Afternoon .

Each year at this time my wife says, " see you around Christmas " !!!

Edited by Larry302

I have the itch as well. Really trying to resist hunting the first two weeks. My dayghter has it too, she has told me multiple times that we need to go this weekend. Now we have a bear on the place, and Id love to shoot a bear, I just dont want to put pressure on the bucks when I cant even hunt them. Decisions decisions.