Show us your pets..dogs , cats , whatever you got

turkeyfeathers

Here's Maizy our 42 pound 5 year old golden retriever who thinks she's a lap dog. Yes , only 42 pounds and we really do feed her.

http://i.imgur.com/XEJfqBn.jpg

And my daughters cat Claire ( 5) who wants nothing ever to do with me

http://i.imgur.com/Ur2kecS.jpg

Who's your friendly 4 legged friend(s)?

• Like 1

This is my cat Lexi and she's 13 years old now. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old. She has always been an indoor cat but loves to perch near the window and watch the birds in the yard. She's a really great cat and loves attention from anyone who visits!!post-2675-0-04165000-1443824955_thumb.jppost-2675-0-49536800-1443825473_thumb.jp

• Like 3

This is my cat Lexi and she's 13 years old now. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old. She has always been an indoor cat but loves to perch near the window and watch the birds in the yard. She's a really great cat and loves attention from anyone who visits!!attachicon.gif0906151449a.jpgattachicon.gif0906151448.jpg

Looks like shes posing for a centerfold in Kitty Kat magazine! Lol!

• Like 2

2 dogs. The smaller one is some kind of Jack Russell mix, we got her from a rescue, her name is Mia, she's the wifes lap dog and burglar/mailman alarm.

The other dog is named Maizy also, she comes from a long line of Virginia turkey dogs, they call them "droppers" (pointer/setter mix, with a little hound mixed in). She's 10 months old, and will be hunting the abbreviated NY fall turkey season with me in 2 weeks, can't wait to get her into the woods and kill one with her. Been training her hard, and she's learning her lessons well. :D

post-264-0-98731400-1443834259_thumb.jpg

post-264-0-73568800-1443834279_thumb.jpg

post-264-0-00460300-1443834294_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 7

You don't seem like a animal person Biz

It wouldn't be fair to get a dog since I work long hours in NYC. My wife always had cats but I hated cats. So we ended up with 2 cats that are as close to dogs as you can get. They are by my side everywhere and do everything a dog can do, except I don't let them outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Springer, and this one is defiantly living up to its name. Lol

Springers and beagles are my two favorite breeds, Paula...I had 3 of each over the years...

No pets now...After living in the country nearly all of my life where the critters could enjoy the outdoors, it just doesn't seem right here in town having to keep them confined all of the time...

2 dogs. The smaller one is some kind of Jack Russell mix, we got her from a rescue, her name is Mia, she's the wifes lap dog and burglar/mailman alarm.

The other dog is named Maizy also, she comes from a long line of Virginia turkey dogs, they call them "droppers" (pointer/setter mix, with a little hound mixed in). She's 10 months old, and will be hunting the abbreviated NY fall turkey season with me in 2 weeks, can't wait to get her into the woods and kill one with her. Been training her hard, and she's learning her lessons well. :D

Good luck with your turkey dog, Uncle Nicky...I'd love to hunt fall birds with a trained dog..

Years past I used my springers and labs to scatter flocks, and it was a blast..Only problem was, my dogs weren't trained to sit quietly while the birds were called back..After the bust I'd have to take the dogs home and go back and hunt the birds..One time after a good bust, I took the dogs home and by the time I got back to the flush site, less than an hour later, my buddies had already called up and killed 3 turkeys..

Lychee. My Maltese. Had her since she was 8 weeks old (first picture). She passed away late Oct last year. Since our son is so draining, me and my wife decided it would be best if we didn't have to take care of another family member until our son is a little older.

9077ad1f5fed508e6902585b9449f4a3.jpg

bdfc6bc7244b28aa64b66bf27c2c5e75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Good luck with your turkey dog, Uncle Nicky...I'd love to hunt fall birds with a trained dog..

Years past I used my springers and labs to scatter flocks, and it was a blast..Only problem was, my dogs weren't trained to sit quietly while the birds were called back..After the bust I'd have to take the dogs home and go back and hunt the birds..One time after a good bust, I took the dogs home and by the time I got back to the flush site, less than an hour later, my buddies had already called up and killed 3 turkeys..

Thanks. Keeping her still will no doubt be the hardest part of this. She's finding birds & busting flocks, and I'm working on keeping her sitting still with me. Worst case is I will walk her back to a tree and tie her up a hundred yards away if she gets antsy. She's still a pup, so I'm assuming she'' calm down a little as she ages.

Maizy is a good looking dog

• Like 1