What are you using opening day SZ?

Billdogge

steve863, on 10 Nov 2015 - 3:25 PM, said:

Those get used on his western trips.  He hunts Putnam county in NY which is shotgun only.

PUTNAM County...??  Never heard of it....Must be one those silly little  suburban counties down near New York City....<<grin>>....

PUTNAM County...??  Never heard of it....Must be one those silly little  suburban counties down near New York City....<<grin>>....

You know it as Putz Numb County sir.

Now, now guys. Just because NY State is the only state that has a turd hanging off the bottom is no reason to pick on the people who choose to live on said turd. They have feelings too ya know.

7mm.08 shooting Hornady American Whitetail 139gr Inter Locks.

• Like 1

Savage Axis in 7mm-08. Leupold VX1 3x9x40. Federal, nosler ballistic tips in 140 grain. First time hunting with a rifle. At some point in the season, my old reliable Ithaca Deerslayer 2, Leupold, 1x4, two and three quarter Remington copper solid sabots.

Is that a tack driver? I wish my slug gun were a 20ga, I really hate shooting it

As long as I'm not tired she is...it's open bead sight ;)  ...but really it's all in experiance  and timing the buck in the picture and many others...I actually never "aimed at"... nor I do  skeet shoot at deer...which I've actually watched here...but if they are coming in"hot" and under 60yrds knowing I'd never stop them.......I will judge trajectory, as it were. of their movement...then swing infront of them by quiet a bit to a clear opening and wait...the second their head hits my bead I will squeeze off the shot..the out come is as you see or the shoulder...mostly though It's a standing shot looking away...

Edited by growalot