Weekend Weather..............UGGH

Lawdwaz

Great, kill a deer and butcher the rest of the day.  Record warmth?  damn the luck.

I'll probably pull the hide and put a couple bags of ice in the chest cavity.  Then it's Miller Time........:)

Sounds like some rain mixed in also for the weekend.  Doesn't look like any snow even for the late ML/archery either.

Crazy season................

• Like 1

I dont know about that turkeyfeathers, I spotted quite a few deer on Sunday during mid day. Shot a nice doe that was munching on turnips in one of our food plots at noon, and it was 50+ degrees out.

I like the cold weather because I dont have to do a rush cut and quarter job. Plus it just feels more deery out there.

• Like 4

I dont know about that turkeyfeathers, I spotted quite a few deer on Sunday during mid day. Shot a nice doe that was munching on turnips in one of our food plots at noon, and it was 50+ degrees out.

I like the cold weather because I dont have to do a rush cut and quarter job. Plus it just feels more deery out there.

unfortunately I have no food plots , no acorns and nearest cut corn is mile away. I'd gladly put my foot in my mouth tomorrow if I see one

^Pressure.

I dont know what everyone elses opinion is but I dont think the rut was very intense this year. All the deer i have seen taken have been fat and happy, not run down from rutting at all. The deer I took had a lot of fat on them in late November. This time of year deer should be in a hurry to put weight back on for Winter but it seems like it isnt as critical this year. Again this is all just my opinion. Just looking at the harvest thread there were a few nice bucks taken this week even that are fat as can be

^Pressure.

I dont know what everyone elses opinion is but I dont think the rut was very intense this year. All the deer i have seen taken have been fat and happy, not run down from rutting at all. The deer I took had a lot of fat on them in late November. This time of year deer should be in a hurry to put weight back on for Winter but it seems like it isnt as critical this year. Again this is all just my opinion. Just looking at the harvest thread there were a few nice bucks taken this week even that are fat as can be

Rut was next to non existent in my area we had some chasing for 2 days then it seemed like a ghost town.

Not sure we even fell below 30 in 8h.  Not by much, that's for sure.

In 8X we have been in the low 20s almost every morning for a while now. Heavy frost almost every morning then highs in the upper 40s. I'm guessing that the lake is still warm hence your warmer temps.